Who Are You?
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
RE: Who Are You?
Duane Hansen, Rock Dell Native stuck in Kasson. I'm 32 and I live by the rule if you kill it grill.

[after finally catching Catfish Hunter]
Max: If I die today, I die a happy man.
John: You die today, I'm taking your motor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2010 08:55 PM by HARTLEY.)
Chris Hartley 40, born and raised in Rochester, lived in the cities for 5-6 years going to school then moved back. Love taking my 6yo son Koelton out fishing when ever we can and will be doing the same as soon as my newest addtion Vyvien gets old enough to hold her first fishing pole!
01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm Jon Osterlund. I moved here with my wife Megan in the summer of 2005. I grew up in Duluth, MN where I didn't do nearly enough fishing or hunting. We have two daughters, ages 3 and 1. I work in Special Education in the Rochester schools and my wife is a RN at Mayo.

My favorite fishing currently is taking my 3 year old whenever she says she wants to go. I mostly ice fish around the Rochester area with some summer fly fishing mixed in. I am lucky in that my family on both sides own cabins up north which is where I do most of my open water fishing. Hoping to purchase a boat soon in order to hit some local spots more often in the summer.

Other hobbies include golfing, basketball, hunting (mostly deer and grouse), and of course playing with my wonderful kids. Really I just love being outside enjoying a creation that is often unbelievable.
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
22lex, 34, I hail from Montana till the age of 11, and Chatfield until graduation. I currently reside in Rochester with my favorite (not a joke) wife Lindsey, Tyson my spitfire son, and a undisclosed baby in June. My lovely wife works at Mayo, and I work in the office at a local beer wholesaler. I recently graduated from the College of St. Scholastica with a degree in Marketing.

I was a trout natzi for quite a few years all over MN and northern IA, but picked up a bow at the age of 20 and lean more towards the hunting end of the spectrum whether it be elk, mule deer, whitetail, 'yotes, bobcat, fox, bear, etc.... I have been quite fortunate that both sides of my family have owned cabins, one in Pine River, and one south of Aitkin my whole life to spend summers fishing.

You will regularly see me banter with the one they call "Matti".

BTW, what's a guy gotta do to get the muddpuppy off my avatar?

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
01-13-2010, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2010 12:18 AM by Patti.)
Big Grin RE: Who Are You?
hi im Patti. born & raised in Green Bay. I fish with my fiance Matt (aka dufek) and Plunko & Puglee (which are along purely for my entertainment). I have 2 kitties, Sebastian & Wicket. I just got a wii & I am very excited. Blush Tongue Heart Big Grin Shy Wink Rolleyes Angel
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Troy Seelhammer, Rochester Mn transplant, originally moved here from Iowa (go Hawks!) in 1991, got transferred to Missouri (learned to shoot gobblers), then transferred to Montana (learned to shoot mulies and antelope and fish for trout), then moved by choice back to Rochester in 1996 to open Brueggers Bagels for the company. Left there in 2000 to open Winona Sandwich Company in Winona and sold those a couple of years later. I have been a Realtor since then and have finally settled in to what I want to be when I grow up. My issues with work-a-holic-ism prevent me from spending as much time outdoors as I would like but I am getting better.

Married to my best friend Rhonda for 18 years, have 3 awesome kids- Madeline (14), Reid (11) and Cole (8).

Addicted to youth, college and high school wrestling.

Looking forward to sharing more now that my boys are old enough to participate in the outdoors regularly.

And yes, that is a sheephead my 8 year old is holding in my avatar.

Troy Seelhammer
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Glad to have you Troy! BTW, I found out my wife (Lori Hanson at the time) used to work for you at the Sandwich Company back a few years ago! Small world...

Andy Anderson
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
(01-13-2010 10:10 AM)Andy Anderson Wrote:  Glad to have you Troy! BTW, I found out my wife (Lori Hanson at the time) used to work for you at the Sandwich Company back a few years ago! Small world...

Sorry, I don't remember her, hope I treated her ok. I tried to be a great employer but sometimes when the you know what hits the fan.........Blush

Troy Seelhammer
01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
No negative feedback from her. In fact she said that she quite enjoyed working there!

Andy Anderson
01-15-2010, 04:46 AM
Ron aka rhw in another world. After 30 years, recently retired as a 911 Communications Supervisor.
For me, Crappies and Bluegills is what it is all about, both open water and ice.
I really am not a grumpy old man contrary to what some might think, just set in my ways.Dodgy

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
01-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice to see you over here Ron!

Andy Anderson
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Paul Peterson. Originally from Cresco, IA. I moved to Rochester after getting a job with Mayo about 4 years ago after working in Waterloo, IA for a year after college. I spend a lot of time with my family(wife-Courtney and an 8 month old son Victor). I revived my love of fishing a few years ago after a trip to Canada after being on probably a 6 year drought. I had never ice fished before moving up here and I really enjoy it. Having a friend with a boat (Eric Korman) has also helped me get out on the water a lot more. I always love to get out on the water and try to learn new techniques. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some stuff here too.
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Take it from me I got a lot to learn!I have fished many years,still I tend to learn somethin new every time I fish,that's what it's all about!I live on the outskirts of Kellogg,Mn with my pup.Glad to be here.Christian(crappies96).

Vexilar has saved my butt!!
01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Dave Black. Lived in rochester pretty much forever. Graduated from Lourdes HS in 94, and from what I can remember I went to UW River Falls for about two cloudy years. Retreated to rochester where I tend bar at a local establishment. I love to hunt, but fishing is my thing. Spend most of my time on the Miss river, but love getting "up north" as much as possible.

Dave Black
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Michael Evenson - was also known as Fishhawk on another site...
I live in Rushford and I'm 30 years old, I'm married to my lovely wife Stephanie (who is very tolerant of my fishing and hunting habit). I have one son who is 3 and who loves everything fishing and hunting related. My wife is also 36 weeks pregnant with our second son.
I am pretty much self taught fisherman and hunter. So some of what I do is wrong or unorthadoxed but I don't know any other way.
I love to fish for anything that swims, and hunt anything that walks.
I mainly fish the root and around Winona in the summer and the back waters around Winona in the winter... although I am interested learning how to fish for wallies by the dams

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Mark Stopyro - pretty much a Rochester boy. I was raised on the banks of the mighty Zumbro and educated by the finny denizen that dwelt therein. Lost my way through the tumultuous years of adolescence and became a trout fanatic. Got schooled at UWSP (another Pointer) and PSU. Worked for MN DNR fisheries for nearly 15 years. The experience cured me of my trout affliction and guided me back to my trash fish roots. When I'm not fishing or scheming to fish, I'm often fiddling up a few old time dance tunes.

If you think it's impossible, don't get in my way while I'm doing it.

Confessions of a multispecies addict: http://fyke.net/fishing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
(01-19-2010 06:29 PM)fiddleFish Wrote:  Got schooled at UWSP (another Pointer)

thumbs up smilie

Ice ice baby
01-19-2010, 09:04 PM
(01-19-2010 06:29 PM)fiddleFish Wrote:  I'm often fiddling up a few old time dance tunes.

thumbs up smilie

(08-24-2010 11:27 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Flip, you really need to come up with your own signature.
01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm Derrick Hintz, grew up in New Richland, traveled the WIAC college trail until I started teaching.....partnered a gun shop with my dad in Plainview until I went back to teaching an coaching college football in 95....Been married to my wonderfully understanding wife Deb for going on 17 years, have a son Matthew (14) and daughter Maddeson (11) who like fishing, but I want to LOVE fishing....have been a wrestling coach (after wrestling in college) and around the local wrestling scene since God was two....passions include ICE fishing, fishing, hunting when I have time, WRESTLING, FOOTBALL, and anything with my family (including Halo ODST with my kids)
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey my name is Jeff Norby i grew up in Lanesboro MN been fishing the root and other creeks as long as i can remember and deer hunting since i was 12 im 27 now live in stewartville got a wife named dana and a baby on the way and work at river ridge custom canoes. Anything with the outdoors i love to do
01-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I see we are starting to get quite a few people joining make sure you step up and introduce yourself!!
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 09:52 PM by Lew.)
(01-19-2010 01:57 PM)fish2live Wrote:  I Am a dual citizen with my home country(Italy).

Hey Fish2Live, I spent 3 wonderful years living in northern Italy thanks to the U.S. Air Force. I absolutely loved the area. I wasn't into fishing then, but wish I had given it a try. Someday I hope to go back and share the experience with my wife and daughter.

By the way, I'm Lew. Some friends call me Paully. I'm 52, have lived in Kasson for just over 9 years now. I've been working at Mayo for just over 15 years.

I enjoy all types of soft water fishing, but spend most of my time wading the streams in search of smallmouth bass. I used to be involved with SEMSA aka the South East Minnesota Smallmouth Alliance. We were the ones pushing for the catch and release designation of smallies below the Lake Zumbro dam.

Fish On!
Lew
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm Scott Keigley I moved to Rochester in 95 from Ames Ia moved from Rochester to Oronoco in 2000 Have 3 kids we all love to fish but never seem to find enough time to get out. I'm finishing up my degree this year at RCTC work full time repairing cars from my shop at home. most of my open water fishing is on the river south of Winona where we have our camper at a permanent sight. I have A bass tracker and a 4 winns boat. Really appreciate the forum and hope I have success this year and can post some of the results.
(01-11-2010 11:10 AM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  I’m Tyler Holm. Born, raised, high schooled, and colleged in Aberdeen, South Dakota (aka Heaven). I moved to Rochester in December 2004 with a job as a computer programmer with IBM. In late 2005, I took a software engineer position with the Mayo Clinic and currently love it. I got married in the fall of 2006 to my favorite wife Michelle. She works as a Pharmacist for Mayo.

Fishing is my single most favorite hobby. I enjoy multi-species fishing and I have passion for targeting our states largest fish. I have a 16.5’ Crestliner boat that fits the bill for most any style of fishing (except hurricanes on Mille Lacs).

I enjoy sharing my outdoor experiences with others and encouraging others to get into the outdoors.
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm Lynn Laures. It seems I have alot in common with a few of you...I'm originally from Iowa...I now live in Kasson...Work at Mayo...Like to trap, hunt and fish. Hope to get out more this year. And hope this site takes off!
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Eric here. I am 33yo and have lived with my wife Jill and sons Devin(12) and Ryder(3) in NW Rochester since 2003. I work in finance at Mayo and enjoy watching football, hunting and fishing whenever I have free time. Love spending time at our camper at the Pioneer campground and excited to hopefully get out more and learn the ropes of the big river.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)