Who Are You?
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
RE: Who Are You?
My name is Bob Haley. Born and raised in Plainview MN and moved to Rochester about 10 years ago and have been living here ever since. I recently got married this year and now she is a hunting/fishing widow most of the time. I love to hunt, mostly bow hunting and pheasant hunting. I am just getting back into fishing.. Love to ice fish and I'm addicted to it.. Currently I don't do a lot of open water fishing but hoping to get back into it if Matti every takes me out like he says he is going to.. haha..
I like Busch Light, and growing beards and if that makes me a hick so be it!

the day is not wasted if I am!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2010, 04:08 PM
(01-25-2010 03:41 PM)bobbyh Wrote:  I like Busch Light, and growing beards and if that makes me a hick so be it!

Sing it Brother Bob!

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Name: Tim Diepenbrock. I live in Beautiful Rushford,mn. I moved here 6 years ago. And my little brother had to follow me.(DZ). Sometimes you just can not get away from family. Anyways I love to fish and hunt. Don't do either the greatest but I love the outdoors. I fish mostly in the Winona area. Love the hard water, but bought a 16 ft. fishing boat last year to try to get out and learn more. I do not get out as much as I want. But when I do if I figure something out hopefully I can help others on here. In the winter you can find me in a new Frabil two man. And in the summer you can find me in an older Lund. Thanks for the site guys.
01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Dan Alden, orginally from Nora Springs, IA now Kasson. went to college at Iowa State (GO CLONES!!) and graduated with a degree in wildlife ecology and environmental science. i've worked for the iadnr, usace, usfws, and county conservation boards in iowa. after my wife graduated she landed a job at mayo so we made the big move just over 2 years ago now. i ended up not finding a conservation job so am working for Syngenta Seeds in Owatonna producing some of the best soybeans money can buy. big into pheasant hunting and spend most of the weekends during the season chasing birds in nw iowa around my parents place. so that doesn't leave much time for anything else. I've got a gsp and weim that will flat out point some birds!! and like watching the dogs work as much as actually shooting a bird. love to get on the rivers and chase smallies and working on the trout thing.
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
HI I Terry I love to fish crappies hard and soft water I am new to this internet stuff so bear with me
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
I enjoy fly fishing for trout most of the time. I dusted of the belly boat last year and hope to spend some more time in that once this stinking ice melts! I originated from IL land of the FIBs been living among the Mudducks for about 10 years still trying to get use to it! SEMN is the closest thing to Alaska so I can't complain to much. I have three boys who love to fish, can't beat that!
01-27-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm Tim Stevens, some of you know me. I am a Rochester native, but have lived in both Colorado, and Florida, for about 7 years each. I work at Viking Nissan as a parts consultant, and Michaels Restaraunt as a valet. I have been married for 15 years to Michelle.We have an adult Son, Tyler, and 2 teenage Daughters, Elora, and Krista. I love all kinds of fishing, especially ice, but as you can probably tell Cat fishing is my new passion. I finally got myself a fishing boat this last summer, and love to take people out night fishing with me. I look forward to meeting many of you on this site.

"I like fishin in a moonshadow"
01-27-2010, 05:20 PM
(01-27-2010 04:08 PM)Cat Stevens Wrote:  I work at Viking Nissan as a parts consultant, and

I suppose these means you know DT. I'm so sorry!

Andy Anderson
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi I am Terry I have lived in Roch my hole life I live the the outdoors
01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
(01-27-2010 05:20 PM)Andy Anderson Wrote:  
(01-27-2010 04:08 PM)Cat Stevens Wrote:  I work at Viking Nissan as a parts consultant, and

I suppose these means you know DT. I'm so sorry!

D.T. who! Wink At least not that he will admit! Big Grin But, hey, thanks for the condolences AA. Cool

"I like fishin in a moonshadow"
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
So this is where everyone went. Big Grin

The name is Brian Scheinoha. I'm the big hairy guy a few of you have seen around. Born and raised in Manitowoc WI on the big pond of Lake Michigan fishing trout and salmon and in the old days perch off the piers. Was known to ride my bike 10-15 miles to fish Steelhead in the spring or panfish on a county lake. Add 52 years to the frame and I'll gladly take a set of powered wheels now. The Sgt. Rock moniker comes from my crazy days in the Air Force after high school.
Went to school in Madison and came away with a couple BS degrees in Bacteriology and Food Chemistry. Came to Rochester in 1985 for a job and parted company with them in 2001. I had a medical backgound in the service.
Married a very smart woman in 1987 that I met in college and she works for the County Environmental Health. We have one son who is 18 and a senior at Mayo. He plays tuba in the band and is learning to play the bagpipe.
I'm Mr. Mom and loving it. I've had time to watch the boy grow up, started fishing again and coached a lot of baseball. The job had interfered with all of that. I also do a little bit of Handyman work on the side. I cover it all from plumbing to electrical to carpentry and whatever. I grew up learning to fix anything. I cook and garden and sometimes even clean house. I like to chase walleyes on pool 4 and whitetails with the bow.
Since last spring I've been layed up with a bad left hand. Pinched a nerve at my elbow and the hand has been numb with the fingers not functioning much. Had surgery last June and still in recovery mode. Doc said 12-18 months. It's improving but has put a major dent in my ability to hunt and fish and work.
So that's the synopsis. Some of you know me and I look forward to the new site.
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Sgt Rock, glad you can join us. Think you will like it here.

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Lars here, big fisherman, but a bigger hunter. Recently retired baseball player so my springs and summers have opened up to hit the water a little more than the past few years. In Rochester right now and mainly fish the Zumbro, trout streams and pool 4. My true passion is hunting waterfowl, there truely is nothing better than a flock of migrators decending into my spread of decoys. Also hunt deer, turkeys and Grouse in Rushford. Pheasants are a distant 5th.

The GREEN one is the BEST one!

Call 'em in and take 'em out!
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Andy! Welcome aboard, always glad to have another WSU alum around...

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
02-03-2010, 11:17 PM
(02-03-2010 10:46 PM)Matti Wrote:  Andy! Welcome aboard, always glad to have another WSU alum around...

what you talkin about willis....you drunk again?????????

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
02-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Hanson, KENNEL UP!

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
02-04-2010, 08:43 AM
(02-04-2010 07:50 AM)Matti Wrote:  Hanson, KENNEL UP!

HA! Thats awsome!!!
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm Wade. A transplant in Rochester from Northern MN (Grand Rapids). Had to follow the work/money. It's not bad down here. Between fishing the river and Lake Michigan, it's been a good move.

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it."
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello All,

Name is Greg, born and raised in Rochester. Was a 1/2 step above a lurker on the other site but I am going to try to change that here. I get out to the local spots when I can but time is pretty limited these days. I work with IT stuff in town and like where this site is headed. Thanks for the forum Tyler and Andy (and others that may be involved).
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
welcome aboard greg

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
name is adam, lived in roch pretty much my whole life. i am 34 and married with a 2 year old psycho child so getting out fishing is a great time to escape the chaos. i must say i enjoy ice fishing more than open water, but catching walleye is a close second. when employed i work for an electrical outfit, but as of now i am a part time fisherman, which is not too bad. looking forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

Can I drill a hole yet?
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I am Matt Graff. Live in Rochester but was born and raised in Austin. Have fished all my life and love ice fishing. I have just recently in the past couple years started getting into open water fishing more. Always looking for new people to fish with.
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
This sounds like AA! So here goes. I'm Scott Sendek and I have a fishing problem. I can't seem to get out often enough. I was born in CA but moved to Roch when I was 7 so I guess you can just say I am from here. Live in Byron now with my wonderful wife, Theresa, and 2 kids Alex (15) and Samantha (12). The first time I had Sam on the ice she made me stay for about 8 hours! She didn't want to go. God I love that little girl! My son doesn't care for the ice but he will go when the water melts. I guess I have to thank Theresa for this addiction. I didn't start fishing until I met her. I hope to post alot but it might not turn ouyt that way. If anyone is going out I just might be willing to tag along.
02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
My name is Scott Hanson, AKA Hano. I am originally from Preston and moved to Rochester after graduating from Minnesota State Mankato in 1999. The house I grew up in was only 100 yards from the Root River, so I've been hooked on fishing as far back as I can remember. Hunting is my biggest passion, but fishing is not far behind. I've been lucky to find some good friends that enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. In the spring I'm trout fishing and turkey hunting, the fall I'm deer and pheasant hunting and in the winter months I am ice fishing every chance I get.

TIP UP!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Geez that's a pumpkinhead! (the fish)

Nice seeing ya here curt!

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)