Who Are You?
05-19-2010, 06:27 AM
RE: Who Are You?
i moved to cedar rapids. the i was a member of is the hawk-eye hook setters
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2010, 05:47 PM
(05-19-2010 06:27 AM)dwwscran Wrote:  i moved to cedar rapids. the i was a member of is the hawk-eye hook setters

Welcome back...be sure to check out our species contest. Two are held each year, open and ice.

Ice ice baby
06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Justin - grew up in northern MN fishing bass and pike... moved to SE MN in 1994 and since then have live in Northfield (through 2007) and now Rochester. I'm genuinely obsessed with trout fishing, carp fishing and smallmouth fishing. The obsession includes an addiction to sight-fishing, which tends to dictate how/where I fish.

I was on the old RAF board. Hopefully this works out better. I was close to giving up "boards" all together but figured I'd give it another go. My goal will be to share useful and/or interesting information without offending anyone. In turn I hope to avoid being called a "fly whipper."
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
(06-10-2010 03:43 PM)Wendy Berrell Wrote:  In turn I hope to avoid being called a "fly whipper."

Oh no, another elitist! Tongue Welcome aboard Justin, I really think you will like this place. Hint: the more you post, the more you will like the site!Big Grin

"I like fishin in a moonshadow"
06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Glad you found the new site, you'll like it.

Paul Kramer

~So many fish, so little time to catch them...~
06-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Brad here
Grew up in Southwestern MN, lived in Roch. for16 yrs.,married with 2 daughters.
Bass is the species of choice.
Active member of the Zumbro Valley Bassmasters.
Looks like a great site, hope to be more active as time allows.
Later,Brad G.
06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi Evan Kramer here not sure if ive already posted this so here goes .Born and raised here in Rochester .Married 2 kids .Enjoy fishing for anything. Spend most of my fishing chasing bass. Grew up fishing smallies near Apache mall area.Ive tried every year out of the last 25 yrs fishing near ely.I work in sporting goods at a department store in rochester.I also like to play texas holdem when not fishing still learning the game .
06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Glad to see you made it over here Evan! I think you'll find this site a great place to be!

Andy Anderson
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 08:21 PM by Dufek.)
Nope, you have not...not here anyways. Welcome aboard Evan. I'll keep you in mind next time we get an RO poker game going. Have a boat? Do you fish the Zumbro bass tournaments? Ely is an awesome area...fished Shagawa last year and did the boundary waters this year.

Ice ice baby
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey all. My name is Carey Stortz. I am married with no kids, and yes I really do like being a DINK! I moved to Rochester 5 or so years ago from Michigan. I love fishing with hardwater being my favorite, but I did buy a new boat this year so I am really enjoying floating around on the Zumbro. I was born a walleye fisherman but have turned my attentions to panfish after moving down here. I am looking forward to figuring out the big river now that I have a boat.

I hope to see you all on the water/ice.
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2010 03:09 PM by Dufek.)
(07-01-2010 02:59 PM)CareyStortz Wrote:  I love fishing with hardwater being my favorite

My kinda guy.

Welcome aboard Carey. Saw your youtube video from fosters, good stuff. I think you'll recognize most the faces/names from the "other site". Lot of good people on here for info on the river.

Ice ice baby
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Gald to have you Carey! I think you'll find that you will like it here!

Andy Anderson
07-01-2010, 03:41 PM
(07-01-2010 02:59 PM)CareyStortz Wrote:  Hey all. My name is Carey Stortz. I am married with no kids, and yes I really do like being a DINK! I moved to Rochester 5 or so years ago from Michigan. I love fishing with hardwater being my favorite, but I did buy a new boat this year so I am really enjoying floating around on the Zumbro. I was born a walleye fisherman but have turned my attentions to panfish after moving down here. I am looking forward to figuring out the big river now that I have a boat.

I hope to see you all on the water/ice.

We have a LOT in common. Name and hometown is different and I bought a new canoe this year (instead of boat). The rest is identical.

Welcome Carey. Glad to have you aboard the new board. What color truck did you see the bumper sticker on?

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't remember the color but it was at QT by walmart north last night. My wife says I am the least observant person in the world, I guess she is right!
07-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Might have been me....
[Image: IMG_1278.jpg]

Andy Anderson
07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
That looks like the one.
07-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I am Lance Gabrielson, I am married and have two kids. I love to fish, but never seem to have the time, did I mention that I am married and have two kids? My kids... a daughter 18 and a son 12 both love to fish, but their social lives get in the way. No boat so I fish from the shore or on top of the ice... One trip up to the Grand Rapids area each summer for the family and one trip some where north each winter with a bunch of friends....
07-08-2010, 12:09 PM
(07-08-2010 11:48 AM)lagabe Wrote:  I am Lance Gabrielson, I am married and have two kids. I love to fish, but never seem to have the time, did I mention that I am married and have two kids? My kids... a daughter 18 and a son 12 both love to fish, but their social lives get in the way. No boat so I fish from the shore or on top of the ice... One trip up to the Grand Rapids area each summer for the family and one trip some where north each winter with a bunch of friends....

Welcome. Great to have you. 12yr old son. Let us know if you need any local suggestions on where take a youngster. Lots of places around town that provide consistent action. Often times the size is small, but fish counts are up.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
(07-08-2010 11:48 AM)lagabe Wrote:  I am Lance Gabrielson, I am married and have two kids. I love to fish, but never seem to have the time, did I mention that I am married and have two kids? My kids... a daughter 18 and a son 12 both love to fish, but their social lives get in the way. No boat so I fish from the shore or on top of the ice... One trip up to the Grand Rapids area each summer for the family and one trip some where north each winter with a bunch of friends....

Welcome aboard. Whats your species of choice?

Ice ice baby
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2010 03:59 PM by DzNuts.)
18 years old you say..
Welcome to the forum.
07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
(07-08-2010 03:58 PM)DzNuts Wrote:  18 years old you say..

I'm tellin your 16 yr old girlfriend

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Dufek, Who is the new girl in your profile picture? Have a phone number for me?

Kids who hunt, trap, and fish are less likely to steal, deal, and do drugs.
2 for 3 against Tyler Holm
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM
(07-08-2010 08:57 PM)dgoodman Wrote:  Dufek, Who is the new girl in your profile picture? Have a phone number for me?

ha, that would be my fiance on one of our first "dates"

Ice ice baby
07-09-2010, 05:48 AM
(07-08-2010 02:45 PM)Dufek Wrote:  

Welcome aboard. Whats your species of choice?

Species of choice? I don't really care.... I grew up in Northern IA fishing for Walleye, Crappie, Yellow Bass and Silver Bass.... Still go back there to visit my Dad and fish, but I don't really care what I fish for as long as I am out and I get something to tug at the other end of the line. When I get the chance I love top water, watching anything smack a lure or hit a fly. I tend to fish for panfish and trout around here, but haven't gotten out enough to really know where to go for consistent action. Pretty much all catch and release... except for trip north...
07-09-2010, 05:51 AM
(07-08-2010 07:58 PM)Hanson Wrote:  
(07-08-2010 03:58 PM)DzNuts Wrote:  18 years old you say..

I'm tellin your 16 yr old girlfriend

Yeah, and she always out fishes her dad!!!! and she can clean fish!!!! But as my little fish ID indicates.... I've lurked long enough to warn her about you guys!!!!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)