Who Are You?
07-09-2010, 05:57 AM
RE: Who Are You?
(07-08-2010 12:09 PM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  
(07-08-2010 11:48 AM)lagabe Wrote:  I am Lance Gabrielson, I am married and have two kids. I love to fish, but never seem to have the time, did I mention that I am married and have two kids? My kids... a daughter 18 and a son 12 both love to fish, but their social lives get in the way. No boat so I fish from the shore or on top of the ice... One trip up to the Grand Rapids area each summer for the family and one trip some where north each winter with a bunch of friends....

Welcome. Great to have you. 12yr old son. Let us know if you need any local suggestions on where take a youngster. Lots of places around town that provide consistent action. Often times the size is small, but fish counts are up.

I would appreciate a few suggestions for the August time frame (after baseball is over). My son made a rod this winter and hasn't even tried it yet. HOF gave him a good deal on a reel for it. He will get a chance in a couple of weeks on vacation, but a few suggestions around here would be nice with out giving away any secrets. I don't want to break any protocol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm Kirk Kleinschmidt, a multi-species fisherman from the Little Falls / Brainerd area. I have been living in Rochester for a few years, but just now have started to explore the local fishing opportunities.

After living in fishing country up North, my first efforts to find a fishin' hole or two in Rochester (four an hours' fishing here and there -- not an expedition to far-away waters) have been difficult at best.

In Rochester, I can SEE the Zumbro everywhere... I just can't GET to the water Smile

And the apparent lack of canoe access on the SF Zumbro and the Root (in Stewartville) are extra frustrating...

I'm hoping I can find local experts on this site!

Thanks!

--Kirk in Rochester
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome Kirk. Many-a-multi-species dudes on here. Great to have another.

Lots of opportunity right in town including the Zumbro River.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
welcome, have you ever fished on the mississippi up near brainerd? we have a place up by millacs. ive caught some giant redhorse and some smallmouth out of aitkin, but never got up to brainerd but have always wanted to.
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
(01-11-2010 11:10 AM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  I’m Tyler Holm. Born, raised, high schooled, and colleged in Aberdeen, South Dakota (aka Heaven). I moved to Rochester in December 2004 with a job as a computer programmer with IBM. In late 2005, I took a software engineer position with the Mayo Clinic and currently love it. I got married in the fall of 2006 to my favorite wife Michelle. She works as a Pharmacist for Mayo.

Fishing is my single most favorite hobby. I enjoy multi-species fishing and I have passion for targeting our states largest fish. I have a 16.5’ Crestliner boat that fits the bill for most any style of fishing (except hurricanes on Mille Lacs).

I enjoy sharing my outdoor experiences with others and encouraging others to get into the outdoors.

Hey Tyler,
I currently work for Mayo also, I am going to school for software engineering or database administrator. Can you advise me on which of these two programs would be better suited for finding a position at Mayo?
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
(07-30-2010 10:47 AM)Crwfds Wrote:  Hey Tyler,
I currently work for Mayo also, I am going to school for software engineering or database administrator. Can you advise me on which of these two programs would be better suited for finding a position at Mayo?

I'd say there are slightly more jobs on the software side, but there will always been a need for DB jobs. I went into the software side because I really liked the problem solving challenges. My recommendation is to do whichever suits you the best. Welcome to RO.

08-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi, I'm Casey Rieck and I live near St. Charles.I do a little trout fishing and some hunting. I'm getting back into reloading and bullet casting. Looking forward to doing more shooting as I've set up a small gun range at my place.
08-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm Michelle Holm, born and raised in South Dakota and moved here after my husband "wooed" me into moving back to the midwest with him (from the sunny state of California). I know nothing about fishing or hunting but my husband knows more than he needs to so it evens out. I enjoy fishing in a boat when it's b/t 70-80 degrees out, partial sunshine with a Corono (with lime) in my hand. Also, as a side note, I love the taste of venison!!
08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
There goes the neighborhood. No more using terms like the thing that women use to 'freshen up' when speaking of a distasteful member of society.

(08-24-2010 11:27 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Flip, you really need to come up with your own signature.
08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
That's correct, your wife will thank me later for your improved vocabulary.
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
(08-10-2010 08:24 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  I'm Michelle Holm, born and raised in South Dakota and moved here after my husband "wooed" me into moving back to the midwest with him (from the sunny state of California). I know nothing about fishing or hunting but my husband knows more than he needs to so it evens out. I enjoy fishing in a boat when it's b/t 70-80 degrees out, partial sunshine with a Corono (with lime) in my hand. Also, as a side note, I love the taste of venison!!

What!!! he had time to whoo. Inbetween cast I bet, lol . You the man Ty!
08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
(08-10-2010 08:24 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Corono (with lime)

Come on Teachers! Where you at when I need you?

08-10-2010, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2010 06:52 PM by Matti.)
(08-10-2010 01:00 PM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  
(08-10-2010 08:24 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Corono (with lime)

Come on Teachers! Where you at when I need you?

I believe what you meant was:

"Come on teachers! Where are you when I need you?"

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
08-10-2010, 06:54 PM
(08-10-2010 08:24 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Also, as a side note, I love the taste of venison!!

Then why the hell won't your husband ever take any venison when I offer it?

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
(08-10-2010 09:44 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  That's correct, your wife will thank me later for your improved vocabulary.

My wife is a huge fan of my vernacular, so you're going to have to hit another angle to get me riding on your no naughty words club train.

(08-24-2010 11:27 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Flip, you really need to come up with your own signature.
08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
(08-10-2010 06:54 PM)Matti Wrote:  
(08-10-2010 08:24 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Also, as a side note, I love the taste of venison!!

Then why the hell won't your husband ever take any venison when I offer it?

Great question!! Short answer= I have no idea. Every time I ask him to ask his friends he says its not appropriate. Although if you're offering and he's not accepting then I presume he and I may need to have a little convo. about that tonight! Hear that honey? Come home early tonight so we can have one of our "chats".
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Uh oh! Somebody's in trouble!! LOL

Andy Anderson
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
(07-30-2010 10:47 AM)Crwfds Wrote:  
(01-11-2010 11:10 AM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  I’m Tyler Holm. Born, raised, high schooled, and colleged in Aberdeen, South Dakota (aka Heaven). I moved to Rochester in December 2004 with a job as a computer programmer with IBM. In late 2005, I took a software engineer position with the Mayo Clinic and currently love it. I got married in the fall of 2006 to my favorite wife Michelle. She works as a Pharmacist for Mayo.

Fishing is my single most favorite hobby. I enjoy multi-species fishing and I have passion for targeting our states largest fish. I have a 16.5’ Crestliner boat that fits the bill for most any style of fishing (except hurricanes on Mille Lacs).

I enjoy sharing my outdoor experiences with others and encouraging others to get into the outdoors.

Hey Tyler,

I'm glad I'm your favorite, but hopefully that also means I'm your only wife. Also, I'm happy that you are proud of me being a pharmacist but please don't capitalize the word "Pharmacist". It's really not an important enough career to ever be capitalized, if there are questions about this grammatical error please talk to Matti as I'm sure he can answer any further questions you may have.
09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey guys DTro here.

Had to sign up and see where all the hot action is down in the SouthEast Big Grin

Plus I know a few guys here that are able to keep up with me when it comes to time on the water Wink

I may not win a drinking or pissing contest, but when it comes to time fishing bring it on haha
09-20-2010, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2010 11:45 AM by Andy Anderson.)
Nice to have you over here Darren! Now we may have to add a Minnesota river section!

Andy Anderson
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm Dave Iseminger. I grew up in Appleton Mn along LAC QUI PARLE lake. MY HEAVEN! this is where i did most of my huntng and fishing. I still go back there to deer + pheasant hunt, AWESOME pheasant hunting, but otherwise I love SE MN. I make my living as an electrician. Thats what brought me to these parts. I got married and moved to Dover in 05' and have 2 little boys. I love to fish the mississippi, i also spend a lot of time fly fishing. My #1 passion for the past few yrs has been coyote hunting. I'm just getting back into waterfowl hunting now. one of my off season favs is to go around and shoot pigeons at ppls farms. Suffice it to say I like to KILL things!!!
09-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Welcome aboard Dave. I had a big coyote come out of the corn about 10 yards from me this evening. I was in full camo and not moving and it still spotted me right away. Never really hunted em but they seem like a worthy adversary. If you can get out during the week I'll likely be looking for hunting partners this waterfowl season.

Ice ice baby
10-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I see Troy finally made it aboard...good to have ya

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
10-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Icemac33 - Troy from rochester. I specialize in spending huge dollars to catch very few small fish and return them. Love the outdoors though so it's worth it.
10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Welcome Troy!

Some things need to be believed in order to be seen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)