Who Are You?
07-05-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Who Are You?
Welcome Rickey. You will find you will get all yours questions here, best fisherman around are here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Im Noah Swancutt had to make a new user name cant remember my old one. My Life is Fishing, Fu***** and family in that order. I love this site got the internet back so im out here.
11-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Woody here, been around the area my whole life, minus 10 I spent out in NV. Interesting place there, you stock your lakes with trout, and don't want anything other than that to be in them. Was a river rat growing up, down by Winona, now trying to find viable water here. I fish for mostly panfish, and ice fishing is my true passion. That's how I ended up here, seeing if anyone had ventured out yet? I got the itch........
12-15-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Who Are You? Just registered Dec. 15th
My name is Dan and after looking at this website for a few weeks decided I should give it a try. I stumbled upon it just looking for some ice fishing information for SE Minnesota and liked what I saw.

The concept for this site seems pretty cool and I'm looking forward to interacting with others from the area. I'll read big-time magazines like In-Fisherman and Field and Stream every once and awhile but what I really like are sites like this that get down and informational about our home area.

I love the outdoors and have spent most of my life involved with it. I grew up on a farm, spent 5 years in the U.S. Army with the 1st Infantry Division, then spent another 3 years in the National Guard here at home. I haven't hunted for years although I'm open to expanding in that subject, but mainly I love to fish. I don't have a boat or anything too fancy, so I have to get creative about finding some quality, non-heavily fished shoreline or go with folks that do have boats. I typically had been ice fishing just a few times a winter and I'd like to start doing a lot more.

Anyway from what I've seen I've probably talked more than most do in their introductory post. If you're still with me thanks for reading and I really look forward to being a part of this online community.
12-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Kyle. I've lived in a few different towns across SE MN. I'm an avid bowhunter but also hunt waterfowl, coyotes, and occasionally pheasant. In the summer I usually target bass in the lakes and big pike in the river from a Stratos. In the winter I alternate weekends between a clam shelter and coyote hunting.

Looking forward to getting to know some people on here, and I'll share what I can. (I'm on numerous forums with either the same username or one very similar, I may already know a few people on here).
02-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Hello. I'm Gregg. I'm originally from Rochester but now live with my wife and two kids (ages 5 and 7) in Pine Island. I'm a software engineer for Boston Scientific.

I used to go hunting (duck, deer, pheasant, small game) and fishing quite a bit, but with two small children, I found it hard to get away in the last few years. Now that they are getting a little older, I'd like to get them involved and start taking them fishing and eventually hunting. Any advice anyone has on getting them involved would be much appreciated.
02-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Gregg- Lots of snacks and drinks for the kids. Don't forget the TP. Bring extra sets of clothes (esp. socks and boots if ice fishing) because they are going to get wet. Let them play with whatever bait you are using. Time in the field or on the water/ice will usually be shorter than what you may want. You can encourage them to stay longer but they will let you know when enough is enough.

Fishing with the kids, I would set the hook and then hand the rod over and let them reel "their" fish in. Now they can run their own rod. I still help with bait and unhooking as needed. Each kid is different on their comfort level (baiting, handling fish, etc.). I have been bringing my daughter (12) and son (10) ice fishing and hunting/scouting/stand prep since they were 2 years old. Take lots of photos becasue they don't stay little for long. My favorite photos of the kids are: fish they have just caught or staring down the hole and pics in the woods when setting up stands or hunting.
03-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi to all! I'm Steve Klotz and I've spent my last 35 years in southeast Minnesota and the LaCrosse area. I currently reside north of Lanesboro. I enjoy fishing open water and on the ice. I grew up fishing small to medium sized rivers in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to doing some more icefishing yet this year and might hit the trout streams this week as well. I look forward to participating in this forum and appreciate the effort everyone puts forth to keep it going.
03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Welcome Steve. You will find all the fishing you need in this area. You will not have to travel to far to get them either. Again welcome.
07-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Hi all, cleggy here. Heard about RO from a neighbor who's an avid outdoorsman as well.

Grew up in Spring Valley, moved to Rochester 30 years ago. Did 24 years as a Federal LEO and am now retired, well, semi-retired; work part time at the new Scheels store in town.

Love to hunt, especially archery. I've hunted from Alaska to Africa (x2), and many points in between. Also love trout fishing and shooting sports. Hope to contribute when I can and learn something new.
07-24-2015, 05:45 AM
Welcome! Trying to place you, I run the hunting clothing and footwear at Scheels!

Andy Anderson
03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Mitch - Born and raised central MN, went to college in the UP of MI and Brookings, SD and moved to La Crosse spring of 2012. Work recently brought me to Rochester and I'm looking forward to getting outside. Fishing and hunting are my main hobbies with northern pike and muskie being my favorite fish to catch. It was a transition moving from my inland lake experience to figuring out the river but I've had a blast along the way. I have a 16.5' Lund that serves gets me to most places. I'm looking forward to hanging out here and sharing knowledge with everyone!
Thanks given by:  JOHNGRAHEK , magicstix
03-31-2016, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the site Mitch. I'm sure you'll find more information than you expected now!

Andy Anderson
05-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Hey all!

My name is Adam. I'm 34 and grew up hunting and fishing in northwest Iowa. I lost touch with the outdoors for several years due to a demanding job but I recently made a few changes and have been itching to hunt and fish again.

I'm very excited to be moving from Madison, WI, to the Rochester area late summer and I'm trying to get a jump on the local spots for waterfowl, pheasants, deer and fish. Right now I'm fishing in my little boat about 3 times a week for everything from Walleye and Northern to Panfish.

I now work for Apple from home and my fiancée will be working at the clinic.

Looking forward to making some new friends and getting outside again.
06-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Hello everyone my name is RJ i heard about rochesteroutdoors a few years ago while I was ice fishing in Winona a fella told me about it and told me how Chester woods had some good fishing ....I lived in Rochester at the time and was obsessed with fishing the river which can be a good haul from Rochester , nowadays I live in plainview MN .I was born and raised between roch and plainview . I am engaged to my gf Ashley of 9 years I am 25 years old love to fish and love morel hunting . I cut siding to make my living Ashley works part time at mayo , no kids for us yet Walleye is number one followed by anything that bites ... We recently purchased our first home ... In plainview MN currently loving my life as I am much closer to the big river and there is nothing like small town USA trust me . Get out of the city u won't regret it .

''Fishing is not just a sport ,it's a way of life ''
06-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Hello!

My name is Jordan. Moved to Rochester, from Mankato, about a year ago when my wife was hired at Mayo Clinic. I'm a Network Engineer for Taylor Corporation - I work remotely from my man cave

I caught the ND state record white bass in June of 2000. Held the record for about 12 years, until someone beat me by 2 ounces.

I haven't been fishing around here very much - if anyone has any recommendations let me know. I'm starting to venture out a little more - I live near the river, haven't tried fishing that yet.
07-18-2016, 06:22 PM
I'm Brandon. I'm originally from Stillwater but I've moved around the country for the last eight years. My wife and I decided to move back to MN. We chose Rochester and are looking forward to learning this area.
12-29-2016, 10:20 AM
Hello,
My name is Kirk.
I grew up in the area. Moved away and returned home about 10 years ago. I am an avid bowhunter and love to fish. Walleyes and crappies are my main choices. I fish Lake Pepin mostly but would really like to start fishing some of the ponds here in town in the winter. A few years ago I sold all of my ice fishing gear so I am starting small to build some of it back up again. Just enough to drill a few holes and relax for a few hours.
I have looked at this website quite often but never took the time to register. Today is the day.
I hope to be able to contribute some information on fishing the river as well as my 32 years of bowhunting experience.
04-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Corey Foss, Lived in Rochester-Oronoco- Mazeppa, currently live within a half mile of Lake Zumbro. Own a Automotive Repair shop in Rochester " On Point Auto Service "
12-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. For my background, I'm a Web Designer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are fishing, playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.
03-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Hi everybody,
I am Scott Junge, born, raised and currently live in Rochester MN.
I own a local business and am really into all things outdoors.

I also brew BEER and love a good cold pale ale after a day of fishing (and during).

I have experience fishing in the Rochester, MN area, up north in the Detroit Lakes area, and am really excited about my new "thing" which is fly fishing for trout locally and Stealhead up on the north shore..

Connect if questions.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)