Five Guys
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Five Guys
Sorry JimW, but curiosity got the best of me yesterday for lunch. I decided to try out the new burger place.... and what a bad idea. I wasn't impressed in the least bit. A so-so expensive burger, crappy fries, and slow service.

If anyone else hasn't been there yet, I'd suggest avoiding it and go to Culver's!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
RE: Five Guys
Ha we had this conversation the other day. Newts burgers are crap, Culvers rock, 5 guys is TBD in my book.

Ice ice baby
09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
(09-15-2010 11:10 AM)Dufek Wrote:  Newts burgers are crap, Culvers rock, 5 guys is TBD in my book.

Blasphemy.

(08-24-2010 11:27 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Flip, you really need to come up with your own signature.
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
(09-15-2010 11:10 AM)Dufek Wrote:  Ha we had this conversation the other day. Newts burgers are crap, Culvers rock, 5 guys is TBD in my book.

According the the sign up by Pine Island Newts burgers are rated the number 1 burger is Rochester.Undecided
09-15-2010, 11:55 AM
The widow and I went to 5 guys a few weeks back. I'm a burger/fry guy and I thought the food was decent. However; both the wife and I had stomach aches that night for a couple hours. Nothing worse that a stomach ache, but it got us wondering... I'd probably give them another chance, but it won't be for several months.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I saw the signs too Hec and made two trips there. The first trip Patti and I had to choke down the tasteless sawdust with lots of ketchup. The second I opted for the juicy Lucy and it wasnt dry but tasted like cheesy cardboard.

Ice ice baby
09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
I've really liked the burgers at Newts in the past. It's been about 6 mo. since I have been there, but everyone's experience can be somewhat different.

Not had a chance to experience the 5guys place yet.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
09-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Another happy Newts customer here. Five Guys on the other hand.... Never will go back.
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey don't bitch... I went to McDonald's for lunch today and order a McChicken... needless to say it was RAW... I mean damn near still clucking! At least I noticed before I ate the second one!
I think I am done eating at MCD's from now on.

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Like somebody already said, each person will have a different opinion right? Well, here's mine. A bunch of us orderd from work by phone. So we sent someone to go pick it up. I guess in that aspect the slow service wasn't an issue. But he did say it was a long line. Although he didn't have to wait in line to pick up phone in orders. Thankfully.

But the burgers quality was great and the fries were the skin on kind and I liked them too. I will go again sometime for sure.

There ya have it. Just another chow lovers opinion.
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I will stick with the culverts I guess. Everytime we come back from up north I see the newts sign and say we should stop in there once and try Rochesters #1 burger. Earl you are chit out of luck if MKD's is serving bad food because there isn't much more in Winona to choose from you will have to start packing more lunches.
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Newt's has BY FAR the best burgers in Rochester. Only place I've found in town where you can get a burger thats charred on the outside and still cold in the middle.

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Newt's works burger is the ONLY burger I eat that I don't cook. I don't do burgers anywhere else.

(08-24-2010 11:27 AM)fishingwidowwife Wrote:  Flip, you really need to come up with your own signature.
09-15-2010, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2010 04:23 PM by Dufek.)
You sotans are crazy...greasy salty and cheesy are the three food groups I love and base my burgers on

Ice ice baby
09-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I havent been to newts for a couple years now, although i run over too newts express in the skyway gallerya all the time on lunch at work, I really like the marvin burger, culvers is good too, But i also gotta add the jack danials burger at TGIFridays too the list, somthing about that sauce is just addicting IMO
09-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I ate at tgi yesterday..Cajun chicken and shrimp alfredo=amazing

Ice ice baby
09-15-2010, 04:51 PM
The only reason to go to TGIFs is for happy hour, when you don't get to choose where you're going.

Black and Bleu at Binks is tits, the patty melt at Roo's was kick ass as well

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
(09-15-2010 04:51 PM)Matti Wrote:  The only reason to go to TGIFs is for happy hour, when you don't get to choose where you're going.

TGIFs is also good when you want a long lunch.... that place has the slowwwwest lunch service.

Newts gets my vote for a beer and a burger. Culver's for every other time.
09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
(09-15-2010 05:10 PM)Rick Wrote:  Newts gets my vote for a beer and a burger. Culver's for every other time.

Thumbs up. Me too.

09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I have never been to newts, but people tell me my juicy lucys are better. Plus they are extremely easy to make.

Kids who hunt, trap, and fish are less likely to steal, deal, and do drugs.
2 for 3 against Tyler Holm
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Lunch @ Goodie's on Friday?
09-15-2010, 08:31 PM
What is Goodies?

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I was refering to Dom. His juicy lucy's. Try to keep up Hansel.
09-15-2010, 08:57 PM
(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.

A new sig opportunity Hans.

09-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Let's get a cookout goin... I'll make my non-sawdust version of the juicy too

Ice ice baby

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)