RO.net Monthly GTG
02-01-2010, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 09:08 AM by Tyler Holm.)
RO.net Monthly GTG
Let's fire up the monthly RO.net get together thread.

This is what worked in the past. Each month (preferable the 1st half of the month) one RO member volunteers to coordinate the GTG. This GTG and the details are totally up to the coordinator. If you’d like to coordinate an event please post the date and details this thread. I’ll try to keep a running tally list up near the top of this thread.

We use to have something similar to this where a few of us would meet at HOF for morning coffee and donuts. We've also done it a few times at the Vynal shop in Pine Island. Other similar GTGs we've had are lead melting parties, Foster Arends cleanups, float trips, beverages at Whistle Binkies, etc.

Possible ideas: Jig making, sinker making, rod building, beverage drinkin, bowling, mini golf, clean-ups, sticker making, fishing (no $ contests please), (DQ/Culver’s/etc) lunch/supper, firepit, garage party, BSing, go-carts, trap shooting, gun cleaning, hunting, poker. Please post if you have any further ideas. The possibilities are endless.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
RE: RO.net Monthly GTG
I say the next one we should take a few from that list and combine them. Let's see, how does beverage drinking, BSing, and gun cleaning sound all wrapped into one!
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd be in for some first class bs-ing, gun cleaning, or whatever.

I might have a connection to get some "conditioned" beer for a good price for any GTG.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 04:55 PM by Mr. Rockstar.)
what is conditioned beer?

Mark your calendars
not in February, but March 20 plan on the GTG @ my casa. basement will be done, and there will be one hell of a party to break it in... Poker, beers, liquor, food, bs'ing, grilling, eating, bring the spouses, and kids if you got 'em. plan on 5 -11PM or any time in between.

DATE CHANGED FROM 13 to 20

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin
02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I probably will be considered an outcast and get a ration of $hit, but I just gotta say...................
Say what, you want to get drunk and play with guns?

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
(02-01-2010 05:57 PM)Ron Wrote:  I probably will be considered an outcast and get a ration of $hit, but I just gotta say...................

Every hillbilly and redneck knows that's the only way to play with guns!
Good time and even better childhood memories!!!

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Sober is just as fun. Especially when a "witness" knocks on your door and there is 8 guys/girls cleaning 2 guns a peice.

Ice ice baby
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
(02-01-2010 05:57 PM)Ron Wrote:  I probably will be considered an outcast and get a ration of $hit, but I just gotta say...................

When I said that I was mostly joking. I think I'm going to host the April event. Have an idea and am going to work out the details soon.
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM

I would be on your side Ron! Is that even legal?
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Maybe poorly worded, but I would think harmless... It wasn't like they were suggesting getting drunk and trap shooting!

That being said, I understand what Ron is saying.

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd say we drink bottles of whiskey, sight in our guns, and see if we can shoot an empty (welcome Tyler) can of Natalie Light off the top of Tylers head.
Hey if it didn't get brought up on here, it would have been suggested at the first gtg anyways.
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey DZ and Flip, bet you guys would like the idea if we all met at "Class Act" in Cannon Falls.
Probably don't want the kids or spouses to attend this one.Blush

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
02-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Alright, back on track. Anybody got anything in mind for this month? In March or April, I'm going to have the 3rd annual sinker making party (but this doesn't necessarily have to co-inside with the monthly GTG).

02-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Some one had mentioned beers at the 63 club any one want to do something like that?
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
just a thought, but last few years on FM the south central crew has done a great job on GTG's. I'd recommend the main guys that have been posting the longest perhaps each "host" or come up with an idea for a spot to fish. in the past its worked to show up even if you didn't have a boat and then someone just lets you jump in. I found it a great way to meet new people. For me it was a little less awkward meeting new people in a fishing boat then it would be showing up to a bar or someone's house. I've gotten to know a lot of good guys over the last few years by spending a day in the boat with them as our first meet. what we've done before is pick a different area in our "area" we've covered from AL to Fairmont.

anyway, thats just my two cents. but the only time i get to fish around roch is when we go stay at the in-laws for the weekend
02-04-2010, 12:40 PM
(02-02-2010 08:33 AM)DaveO Wrote:  just a thought, but last few years on FM the south central crew has done a great job on GTG's. I'd recommend the main guys that have been posting the longest perhaps each "host" or come up with an idea for a spot to fish. in the past its worked to show up even if you didn't have a boat and then someone just lets you jump in. I found it a great way to meet new people. For me it was a little less awkward meeting new people in a fishing boat then it would be showing up to a bar or someone's house. I've gotten to know a lot of good guys over the last few years by spending a day in the boat with them as our first meet. what we've done before is pick a different area in our "area" we've covered from AL to Fairmont.

anyway, thats just my two cents. but the only time i get to fish around roch is when we go stay at the in-laws for the weekend

I think this is a great idea. Fishing GTG's are always a good time. We'll work towards setting a few of these up in the future. If anybody want's to grab the bull... here, go ahead.

02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Let's make this months GTG at Whistle Binkies (south) one the lake this Saturday night starting around 5:00pm. Bring the spouses. I plan to have supper there as well and stick around for the evening festivities which include a silent auction.

02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Ty- refresh my memory, is this time frame kid friendly there?

Andy Anderson
02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
(02-04-2010 02:02 PM)Andy Anderson Wrote:  Ty- refresh my memory, is this time frame kid friendly there?

There were certainly kids there last year. There's a lot going on, that's for sure but it's certainly kid friendly till the night crowd moves in.

02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks! I'm definitely going to be there after I get done with work at 5. Don't know for sure about the rest of the family though.

Andy Anderson
02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
The Feb GTG

03-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Any ideas/requests for the March GTG?

03-04-2010, 11:17 PM
What about a pool 4 g2g? Not a contest but maybe fish till afternoon then cook burgers and dogs in the over flow parking at deans? Get 4 or 5 boats to go out. Something like that?

Kids who hunt, trap, and fish are less likely to steal, deal, and do drugs.
2 for 3 against Tyler Holm
03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I'd be down for that!

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
(02-01-2010 04:29 PM)Mr. Rockstar Wrote:  what is conditioned beer?

Mark your calendars
not in February, but March 20 plan on the GTG @ my casa. basement will be done, and there will be one hell of a party to break it in... Poker, beers, liquor, food, bs'ing, grilling, eating, bring the spouses, and kids if you got 'em. plan on 5 -11PM or any time in between.

DATE CHANGED FROM 13 to 20

I have to put this off for now to an undetermined date. Issues with the guy I hired & paid him upfront to finish the rock & mud/tape the walls. Kinda stuck because I already paid the dude, and he has some medical issues. Thinkin late April, but can't be positive.

I like the Pool 4 idea, sounds fun, date/time determine my presence.

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)