Government shut down….
06-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Government shut down….
Question….After reading an article in the Star Trib about the shut down. The DNR stated that if you don’t have your licenses bought before the shutdown you will just be “out of luck”. That goes for fishing and small game as well. So if you do happen to posses a license and the shutdown drags on into the fall seasons. Who is going to be out there to enforce what is being shot or caught and who is going to stop people that don’t possess a license from hunting or fishing??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
RE: Government shut down….
I'm sure Sheriff and Conservation Officers will be deemed essential and they'll still be out there.

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it."
06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
how is that going to work for park permits?

if you don't have a yearly you cannot use WW? Maybe it will just be free....it is sad the yahoos have time to walk in the parades instead of getting the budget done!!!
06-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Anyone got a link to this article? Paper never showed.

Ice ice baby
06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/a...id/202902/

I didn't find a Star Trib article, but I did find this one in Duluth...
06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Sad thing is when they do pass a budget deal they will all pat themselves on the back and tell us how great they are. Then they will go back to politics as usual.
06-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Politicians. Arrogant, self righteous, pompous, narcissistic know it alls.
We the constituents are too stupid to know what is good for us, so they take it upon themselves to make those decisions. They hide behind their party/gang lines and are quick to use that as a defense or explanation for decisions, when in reality it defies what the majority of Minnesota citizens want.
Don't know about you, but I am going to remember all the political crap trying to be shoved down our throats and come November 2012 I am going to display my dis-pleasure.
Throw them all out and start over with a stern warning to the new ones they work for us and better do what we want.

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Today as I drove to and from work,i noticed all the high end mowers,multiple ball fields(all manicured),brand new trucks and a lot of standing around...all when we as a nation are struggling.I can tell you one thing,my business is DIRECTLY related to the economy and by judging how busy I am it isn't getting any better.Cut or reduce the non essentials that we can live without @ least until our situation improves....

"Ya ez ready"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2011, 09:09 PM
(06-28-2011 05:45 PM)Ron Wrote:  Politicians. Arrogant, self righteous, pompous, narcissistic know it alls.
We the constituents are too stupid to know what is good for us, so they take it upon themselves to make those decisions. They hide behind their party/gang lines and are quick to use that as a defense or explanation for decisions, when in reality it defies what the majority of Minnesota citizens want.
Don't know about you, but I am going to remember all the political crap trying to be shoved down our throats and come November 2012 I am going to display my dis-pleasure.
Throw them all out and start over with a stern warning to the new ones they work for us and better do what we want.
I think we all feel this way ron! It's really too bad it's come to this.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I watch politicians standing at the podium making speeches. They tell us they understand us and will do whatever is necessary to make changes that the majority wants.
They stand there like they are some rock star with lights and cameras going.
After lip service to appease the herd, they do what they want, usually one politician back scratching another one and making deals under the table.
That is the norm for doing business. I don't condone it, but understand that is the name of the game. We are told we just don't get it and that is how things are done.
What irritates me is when one of these elected officials gets challenged or questioned about their votes and behavior.
They get arrogant and indignant as if to say how dare anyone questions their almighty wisdom.
They forget and its time to remind them, when we elected them, we more or less hired them to do a job. They work for us and we are the boss and they better do what the majority tells them to do, or they will get fired.

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
06-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Politicians don't understand the real meaning of money. How else could you explain someone spending $13 million running for office to get a job that pays $80,000 to $100,000! It makes no sense and proves they have no idea how to properly handle or spend/not spend money

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
06-29-2011, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 06:14 AM by bottom bouncer.)
(06-29-2011 05:25 AM)Michael Wrote:  Politicians don't understand the real meaning of money. How else could you explain someone spending $13 million running for office to get a job that pays $80,000 to $100,000! It makes no sense and proves they have no idea how to properly handle or spend/not spend money

The key here is that they are not spending their 13 million,but 13 million donated to their campaigns by people who want their things voted in.For instance how do you think the oil companies get away with what they do.They donate millions to both parties presidential campaigns so which ever one gets elected will look the other way or say I'll look into that. And if that don't work they buy out enough people in the house and senate. It's pennys compared to what they will earn.Angry
06-29-2011, 06:36 AM
I stopped in at the ranger station in ww last night. The gentleman informed me they will be locking all the gates for the campsites @ 4:00 and the park gates @10:00 on the 30th. Also, they will be draining the beach/lake area as well.

I can only imagine how much money the DNR/Parks are going to lose if these jack a$$es shutdown! Makes Sense!

We have a budget deficit so lets close down so we cannot make money, what could possible be wrong with that?
06-29-2011, 07:19 AM
It's crazy how one governor or politician can leave with a surplus and the new puppet comes in and by the time he leaves we are broke......I think spending @ this time is justifiable but only if it is calculated by economists and found to be a meaningful risk....

"Ya ez ready"
06-29-2011, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 08:32 AM by 22lex.)
It's really not that hard to fathom F2L.

When the governor before Pawlenty was in office, it was the start of the housing boom. T-Paw came in during the middle of it, and left after a year or two of zero construction and hundreds of thousands of foreclosures coming through. Not to mention all the businesses directly related to construction that took a dive, along with realtors/appraisers/construction workers who had nothing to do but find another job. Taxes for the county/state that were there in 1998-2004 (maybe '05) started to dwindle down in '06-'07 and took a complete nose-dive in 2008. Anyone in office, regardless of who it was, was not coming out of that debacle with a surplus. No-one could predict what was going to happen besides the old-timers at the bar drinking pabst.

I look at it like this. If I were to give my son a bagful of candy on every Wednesday for a year, and then all of a sudden I give him half a bagful of candy on the first Wednesday of the next year he would cry/scratch/kick/complain/pout and do everything else to get what he wants. The politicians/state/county are all used to a certain degree of taxable income which seems to have gone down each year for the last three or so years. That is why they have to continually try and work out budgets to make the state run and keeping those essential services going, but right now both party sides are kicking/scratching/crying/complaining like children who need their backsides whipped with a stripped willow branch.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
06-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Here's a link to the shutdown order http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kttc/Shut...0Order.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/djsupafly
06-30-2011, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 07:21 AM by Uncle Grump.)
At the risk of starting a political "war", I think it should be noted that the legislatures proposed budget INCREASED spending to the limit they had projected revenue - to the sum of $34 BILLION. The govenor doesn't think that is enough, and wants more.

Each and every one of us on this forum/site has a household budget - when its gone it's gone. Why can't government live within it's means/income?

UG
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM
You got that right UG, live within our means.
While watching the news last night, KSTP, channel 5, they reported a list of services that would not be available if the state shuts down.
However, they did go on to say that WELFARE CHECKS WOULD NOT BE AFFECTED AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE ISSUED.
What a crock of s..t!
Hard working tax payers may be laid off or furloughed and not get paid, but by God those welfare checks will go out.
Services that take money in, eg. racetracks, state parks, the zoo, lottery and some others will be forced to shut down.
Excuse me, isn't that kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face?
I am probably out of touch, but it seems the insanity runs wild.
I am just waiting for some incumbant politicain to call or knock on my door looking for future support or votes.

06-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I agree with Ron!!!! Every single politician is a crooked SOB one way or another. The People who should be in office are standard blue collar folk who understand what it`s like to LIVE in america not someone who ass kissed their way in!!! We as a whole out number those in office. We have more say than they do. Our numbers are far greater and we need to use that to our advantage!!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
People may wanna rethink the cut welfare entirely thing....Remember,if benefits are cut then we may well have unrest in the streets.People are killing for drugs,colors,etc......imagine when they cannot feed themselves or their kids.They might come a knocking!

"Ya ez ready"
06-30-2011, 08:33 PM
or they will just move on to the next welfare issuing state like what happened to us when WI cut it

(09-15-2010 08:41 PM)D.T. Wrote:  Try to keep up Hansel.
06-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Got my fingers crossed the they close down the state and all the tax paying individuals realize what a joke politics and politicians are and put them under a microscope from now on. It's one way of waking up Americans.

Men's health awareness.
07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
(06-30-2011 09:45 PM)DzNuts Wrote:  Got my fingers crossed the they close down the state and all the tax paying individuals realize what a joke politics and politicians are and put them under a microscope from now on. It's one way of waking up Americans.

How do you have time to cross your fingers?Big Grin

"I can take you to the fish, but I can't make you catch them."
07-05-2011, 08:59 AM
This is B.S. the site is shut down!
http://www.mndnr.gov/
Can't even use the DNR lake finder!

Not to mention I was going to take my dad out fishing on Saturday... Well we went to Kwik Trip to buy him a license and they couldn't sell him one because of the shut down! Thanks for wrecking our weekend!

I say fire them all and start over!

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
07-06-2011, 08:52 AM
one word to sum up this failure....DEMOCRATS

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)