Crows-B-Gone
http://www.kttc.com/story/16219970/plan-...town-crows

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
RE: Crows-B-Gone
ya its a mess down there

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.
-A.K. Best
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I hope this approach works, I may be wrong but I think they live in and around town because of garbage and Rochester is their Crowmart. Get rid of the garbage and the crows might not hang around so close. Crows are smarter than 95% of humanity anyway, and they live to be 50.

LUCK IS THE RESIDUE OF DESIGN.
12-08-2011, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 01:59 PM by mr. crappie.)
(12-08-2011 01:34 PM)hootch Wrote:  I hope this approach works, I may be wrong but I think they live in and around town because of garbage and Rochester is their Crowmart. Get rid of the garbage and the crows might not hang around so close. Crows are smarter than 95% of humanity anyway, and they live to be 50.

My sentiments exactly! they like the garbage, I sure don't see this working unless all that goes away. I say line up all of roch P.D. with their 870's for a day or 2 and that'll fix it. roch has too many do gooders for this though!
Whenever i go crow hunting and call the same place 2wice it's never near as good. shoot at em a few times, they get the hint. like Hootch says they're smarter than most ppl.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them.-John Wayne
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
A few weeks ago i was at my in town deer spot and the crows were going nuts.....A few were cackling calling in others.....probably 300-500 crows all came in about 100 yards from me all crowing like crazy....i dont know if they were ganging up on an owl or what but they were ganging up on something. Very loud.

The paddle whispers, the canoe glides...
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I deerhunt off of salem road and each morning coming home, I would see the migration of the crows going to work the fields and scrounge around the countryside.

Each night as I come home from work on west circle drive, as I get to cascade area, the droves of crows are making their way back downtown over pill hill and north to county 14.

I really don't think it's the garbage keeping them in town, it's the nice roosting facilities of the mayo area. I bet that area around the laundry cleaning shop and the surrounding facilities keeps the air temp alot warmer then having to "rough it".

At any rate, I hope they have luck steering them towards Stewartville or maybe Rushford...Big Grin

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
(12-08-2011 02:44 PM)22lex Wrote:  Each night as I come home from work on west circle drive, as I get to cascade area, the droves of crows are making their way back downtown over pill hill and north to county 14.

Actually it is called a "murder" of crows.

***TEAM IM6 Pro Staff***
12-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Garbage maybe. . . i think the heat coming off the downtown buildings is what keeps them around
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
(12-08-2011 03:11 PM)Matti Wrote:  Actually it is called a "murder" of crows.

It's OFFICIAL. You need to get out fishing.

12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
(12-08-2011 03:11 PM)Matti Wrote:  
(12-08-2011 02:44 PM)22lex Wrote:  Each night as I come home from work on west circle drive, as I get to cascade area, the droves of crows are making their way back downtown over pill hill and north to county 14.

Actually it is called a "murder" of crows.

Save it for trivial pursuit Einstien.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Go Matti !!!

LUCK IS THE RESIDUE OF DESIGN.
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I've heard the same thing about the heat keeping them there. Last year I was at St.. Johns on 4th and when I got back to my truck an hour later it was literally white from all the crap. I also had to throw my hood up as going to my truck was like dodging a vertical crap machine gun.

Ice ice baby
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Where is Duckhunter when ya need him? The kid loves shooting things and his tatto says, "Hell yes, if it flies, it dies". If you were to pay him, he'd kill them all. Might take out an office building window or two.Big Grin

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
(12-08-2011 05:32 PM)Ron Wrote:  Where is Duckhunter when ya need him? The kid loves shooting things and his tatto says, "Hell yes, if it flies, it dies". If you were to pay him, he'd kill them all. Might take out an office building window or two.Big Grin

LOLExclamationExclamation

"Ya ez ready"
12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
haha the city has plenty of money to replace them lol

-A.K. Best
12-09-2011, 06:33 AM
(12-08-2011 09:41 PM)connor.uplr Wrote:  haha the city has plenty of money to replace them lol

I agree there are way too many crows in town and we need to thin them out. But they are one of my favorite critters to observe. They are smarter than a lot of people I know and they do have a lot of personality.
Check out this video.Intelligent crows
12-09-2011, 08:46 AM
"The company will work under a "not-to-exceed" $25,000 contract and plans to scare the birds with air horns, trained attack birds and possibly some lasers"

Are the lasers mounted on the attack birds? Cause if the city is using laser armed attack birds I would gladly do it for half of the cost they are paying this company.
12-09-2011, 08:52 AM
haha they should hire us ro memebers to shoot them things

-A.K. Best
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.kttc.com/story/16309202/us-bi...ks-tuesday

12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
haha hope it works

most likly i think it wont

-A.K. Best
12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
When I came into work, the crows were still there in hundreds.

Pro-Staffer
http://teamflatlineoutdoors.com
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
the funny thing is they are trying to get them from out of the downtown area to somewhere else. here is the question where are they going to go my neighborhood sure the hell hope notAngry. we have enough here in northwest the way it is. of course if its out of the downtown area then thats all that matters.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln
12-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Check out this video about crow intelligence. I think it's going to be an uphill battle tring to outsmart crows.Smart Crows
Who's going to be the first to invent crow vending machines around here?
12-15-2011, 04:12 PM
haha good one crows are so smart

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I guess that company doing the crow abatement is done with their 21 day trial. I see on the news 2nite that the crows arent downtown so much anymore but they are in the neighborhoods around there. I still counted over 200 flying toward downtown as they filtered over the big corncob @seneca.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them.-John Wayne

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)