ANYONE??
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 02:18 PM by F2L.)
ANYONE??
Has anyone heard of or picked any of these yet?? According to my pics I was on them by this time last year.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Ya ez ready"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: ANYONE??
Couple 60 degree days might be enough to get them to pop.

Hard to say though, been a weird, late spring. My intuitions are telling me summer will start around mid-May and there won't be much for a traditional spring, kind of like last years 70 degree days in March.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Find all posts by this user
Thanks given by:  F2L
04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Still snow in the woods where I go. Was pulling up some rolls of wire fencing this afternoon and there was frost underneath in an unshaded area. Need a warm rain to warm the ground up.
04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I think you might start seeing some towards the first full week in May. I hiked through the woods today, and didn't see anything (not surprising). Need to get some warmer temps and they should start popping.

My Blog - sixoughtflyfishing.blogspot.com
04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
(04-25-2013 07:26 PM)Stealthy Wrote:  Still snow in the woods where I go. Was pulling up some rolls of wire fencing this afternoon and there was frost underneath in an unshaded area. Need a warm rain to warm the ground up.

Yep, a good warm rain is much needed. So far all the rain that's fallen has been 40 degrees of colder.

Look at the green grass in the pic, my thinking is hat it won't be til you see that again!

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them.-John Wayne
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
(04-25-2013 08:30 PM)mr. crappie Wrote:  
(04-25-2013 07:26 PM)Stealthy Wrote:  Still snow in the woods where I go. Was pulling up some rolls of wire fencing this afternoon and there was frost underneath in an unshaded area. Need a warm rain to warm the ground up.

Yep, a good warm rain is much needed. So far all the rain that's fallen has been 40 degrees of colder.

Look at the green grass in the pic, my thinking is hat it won't be til you see that again!

I'm guessing May 10 it will be on like konky dong.

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin
04-26-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm going to check a couple of my spots today and see what I can see but I agree with the rest I think it will be a week or two before we start seeing anything.
04-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Sounds like temp and weather relief is gonna be short lived

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Sa...55972:4:US

"Ya ez ready"
04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Went out yesterday to check a couple of spots, no luck, kinda thought it was going to go that way but I had to go and check. Now I have the itch. I just want to get out and find a few of them sneaky mushrooms.

So, I was tooling around on the net and I came across this:

Tell-Tell Signs of Impending Morel Season

The most accurate and most used sign is DANDELIONS! We have NEVER been proven wrong for the past two decades.

You may find some small grey morels, but you never find the mother lode without:

- Full yellow dandelions in yards. Yellow dandelions next to buildings (which are hot spots) do not qualify. After one yellow blossom in an open space the season will begin to arrive in 7 to 14 days!

- In fact, it takes white headed dandelions for an abundance of morels to appear.

Remember there are always exceptions to the rule but this is our big indicator. Mother Nature is not easily predictable. Other indicators that have been used with good justification is:

- Lilacs nearing blooming

- Cottonwood trees have greening of leaves

- Elm tree leaves are the size of your pinky finger

- Red bud trees in bloom

- Apple trees in blossom

- The 4th mowing of your lawn

- Dogwoods in bloom

- Turtles crossing the road

- Snakes out of hibernation

Now I have no idea if this is actually true or not but I will be for sure keeping track of dandelions in the near future.
05-07-2013, 08:23 AM
anyone been out lately to check any of there spots? Now that the snow has melted and the weather is warming up I am sure it will start soon(hopefully)
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
(05-07-2013 08:23 AM)TeeWook Wrote:  anyone been out lately to check any of there spots? Now that the snow has melted and the weather is warming up I am sure it will start soon(hopefully)

Gonna check my spots tonight.

"Ya ez ready"
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm sticking to my prediction of May 10, then I'll go out.

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be. George Carlin
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
checked a couple of mine tonight. none to show for it though. Soon I would think, very soon.
05-12-2013, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 05:04 PM by TeeWook.)
There is definitely growth happen now. Couple more days I would say and soil temps of 55 to 58 degrees

Thanks given by:  F2L , rooz
05-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Should be prime soon.

"Ya ez ready"
Thanks given by:  TeeWook
05-14-2013, 06:25 AM
I bet this week south sides for sure
I am going to start looking my best bets tonight
Thanks given by:  TeeWook
05-14-2013, 09:22 AM
couple greys found by a buddy near Fountain. south, west and southwest hill sides

Thanks given by:  TeeWook , F2L
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Went out tonight with no luck. Hopefully soon. I would be great if I could find my first one of the year on my b-day tomorrow.
05-14-2013, 08:28 PM
(05-14-2013 08:10 PM)TeeWook Wrote:  Went out tonight with no luck. Hopefully soon. I would be great if I could find my first one of the year on my b-day tomorrow.

Hey man good luck, after bassin tomorrow and Zumbro Thursday ill be ready to walk in the woods again!

"Ya ez ready"
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
(05-07-2013 06:53 PM)TeeWook Wrote:  checked a couple of mine tonight. none to show for it though. Soon I would think, very soon.

Love the reports, check this out!

"Ya ez ready"
Thanks given by:  Mr. Rockstar
05-15-2013, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 10:24 PM by F2L.)
Went out tonight, had Max and Cara along. Six eyes better than two. I hunted my exposed elms today on the edge of a stand of juvenile dead or dying elms. Nothing, I'm pretty sure boomers would be here if they were up. Im sure little ones are there but IMO your just trampling the ground if your not finding them. Be patient they will come.

Max with Dad's walkin stick.

"Ya ez ready"
Thanks given by:  Mr. Rockstar
05-16-2013, 02:06 PM
No luck here either. Went out for an hour after work and didn't see any.....maybe by Sunday we start seeing them?

Can I drill a hole yet?
05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Skunk last night for me too. Searched for 2.5 hours. Need more rain.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
05-16-2013, 03:20 PM
nothing on my b-day but I am going to go and look tonight again. We got a little rain here last night and it has been nice and warm today so maybe, just maybe I will score tonight!
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 07:22 PM by F2L.)
(05-16-2013 03:09 PM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  Need more rain.

This is the word among a few different guys, looks like some rain is on its way.

"Ya ez ready"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)