spot to shot pegions
03-23-2010, 05:51 AM
spot to shot pegions
Hey guys im looking for a spot to shoot pegions if anyone has a spot in rochester that would like to tell me please do
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2010, 07:01 AM
RE: spot to shot pegions
(03-23-2010 05:51 AM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  Hey guys im looking for a spot to shoot pegions if anyone has a spot in rochester that would like to tell me please do

Republic parking ramp downtown. Cool

There are two of those nasty little buggars sitting within 12" of my truck as I type this.

"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it."
03-23-2010, 02:30 PM
(03-23-2010 07:01 AM)ruger2506 Wrote:  
(03-23-2010 05:51 AM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  Hey guys im looking for a spot to shoot pegions if anyone has a spot in rochester that would like to tell me please do

There are two of those nasty little buggars sitting within 12" of my truck as I type this.

hahahaha am i aloud to shoot there cause if i can ill take care of it
03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
(03-23-2010 02:30 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  

Bret is that you? Ha ha! I didnt know you were on this site. You would kid wow!Smile

Dont take my vexilar ya carp!:)
03-26-2010, 08:33 AM
(03-25-2010 07:13 AM)Trevor Slifka Wrote:  
(03-23-2010 02:30 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  

Bret is that you? Ha ha! I didnt know you were on this site. You would kid wow!Smile

lol yup its me dude we need to go pegion shooting

IF IT FLIES IT DIES HELLL YA!!!!!

(DUCK FEVER)
03-26-2010, 08:52 AM
(03-26-2010 08:41 AM)Matti Wrote:  pigeon

lol ya im looking for a spot to shoot them

(DUCK FEVER)
03-26-2010, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2010 09:14 AM by F2L.)
Duck....,U look like the composite sketch of the unabomber.....

"Ya ez ready"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
[quote='fish2live' pid='7133' dateline='1269616402']
Duck....,U look like the composite sketch of the unabomber.....
[/quot
huh

(DUCK FEVER)
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
IMO. . . Most farmers dislike pigeons, but one thing they dislike even more is a couple kids that they dont know running around there farmyard with shotguns. . . . . I would seriously get to know them a little before asking, esp if they have livestock close by. . . . IMO
03-26-2010, 01:13 PM
(03-26-2010 11:13 AM)smg04 Wrote:  IMO. . . Most farmers dislike pigeons, but one thing they dislike even more is a couple kids that they dont know running around there farmyard with shotguns. . . . . I would seriously get to know them a little before asking, esp if they have livestock close by. . . . IMO

hahahaha ya you know that is probley true

(DUCK FEVER)
03-27-2010, 08:07 AM
We used to get um by that silo on what used to be state land just outside of roch on 9.

"Ya ez ready"
03-27-2010, 10:44 PM
(03-27-2010 08:07 AM)fish2live Wrote:  We used to get um by that silo on what used to be state land just outside of roch on 9.

ya but doesent someone own that now

(DUCK FEVER)
03-28-2010, 06:59 AM
(03-27-2010 10:44 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 08:07 AM)fish2live Wrote:  We used to get um by that silo on what used to be state land just outside of roch on 9.

yeah there is baseball fields there....Rctc owns it.

"Ya ez ready"
03-28-2010, 08:09 AM
(03-28-2010 06:59 AM)fish2live Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 10:44 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  

yeah there is baseball fields there....Rctc owns it.

oo i think i know what your talkin about

(DUCK FEVER)
03-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Who knew... math AND spelling!?!?!
03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
(03-28-2010 08:35 PM)Matti Wrote:  
(03-28-2010 01:18 PM)Rick Wrote:  

Who knew... math AND spelling!?!?!

Wasn't me...Taylor caught that one...

dude really who cares how it spelt as long as yall know what im talkin about

(DUCK FEVER)
03-28-2010, 10:19 PM
(03-28-2010 08:35 PM)Matti Wrote:  Taylor caught that one...

LMAO!

Andy Anderson
03-29-2010, 11:46 AM
I find it very irritating to try to read a post which is poorly written with all sorts of misspelled words. Writing that way shows a lack of caring anything about other people, not to mention the impression that the author is lacking intelligence.

Some things need to be believed in order to be seen.
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Everyone makes occasional "fat fingered" typos and I'll be the first to admit my grammar and punctuation isn't always perfect (all-be-it sometimes it's on purpose), BUT I agree with some of the above statements. I certainly realize that not everyone has great typing skills and that could correlate to poor posting habits. I'm not trying to point any fingers here or anything and I'm certainly not implying not to post.

Spamwads have terrible grammar and zero punctuation which makes it easy for us to end their career here on RO. I'd like to think all the regular posters could be a step above those "no talent" clowns.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
(03-29-2010 12:01 PM)Tyler Holm Wrote:  Everyone makes occasional "fat fingered" typos and I'll be the first to admit my grammar and punctuation isn't always perfect (all-be-it sometimes it's on purpose), BUT I agree with some of the above statements. I certainly realize that not everyone has great typing skills and that could correlate to poor posting habits. I'm not trying to point any fingers here or anything and I'm certainly not implying not to post.

Spamwads have terrible grammar and zero punctuation which makes it easy for us to end their career here on RO. I'd like to think all the regular posters could be a step above those "no talent" clowns.

All right so ya im a teenager i may not have good typing skills or good spilling skills but i mean if i go to a place that isent mine i dont treat it like crap i make sure to check in and let them know who i am and that im here and when im done i pick up my shells and trash and always make sure i know where im shooting.
And some of the people i hunted and fished with are on here and im sure they will tell u i always picked up my trash and made sure i was pointing my gun in the right place so really guys just cause i cant type good doesent mean im not a good kid if you guys took the time to meet me hunt or fish with me you would know that

(DUCK FEVER)
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010 09:32 PM by Tyler Holm.)
Brett,

Thanks for the PM. First off, I'd like to say that you can't take any of this stuff personally. As long as internet forums have been around, there have been internet forum conflicts. Trust me. As you mature in your internet posting ways, sooner or later you'll run into someone that doesn't see eye-to-eye with your post(s). It's happened to me dozens of times and if I've learned one thing, it's to not take things personally.

Nobody is saying your a bad kid, or that you wouldn't respect somebody else property that gave you permission to hunt. Nobody is making a personal attack at you either. You initially asked for a place to hunt pigeons and some members are simply giving you some advice that could ultimately put you in a better position to receive permission to hunt. Some of the posts above are giving sound advice (from an adults prospective) on observations that pertain to your original question.

Nobody is perfect. We all know that. We all have areas we could improve on. The take-home message here is that correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar go a long ways for some people. Since all forum communication is done via typing, this is the only measure we can make on one another. Consider this when putting a post together and take a little more time to re-read and make sure it's good to go before you hit the submit button. I think you'll find many more positive responses and likely more willingness and acceptance from others.

[Edit] Added below...

Another tip might be to make sure the message your trying to convey is exactly what your thinking. Sometimes it's hard to put thoughts into words, but it's essential when posting. If your posted message is unclear, you will likely have people that don't understand it causing questioning and possible misunderstandings.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
03-29-2010, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010 09:35 PM by Stealthy.)
(03-29-2010 11:46 AM)Mike Wrote:  I find it very irritating to try to read a post which is poorly written with all sorts of misspelled words. Writing that way shows a lack of caring anything about other people, not to mention the impression that the author is lacking intelligence.

(03-29-2010 05:54 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  All right so ya im a teenager i may not have good typing skills or good spilling skills but i mean if i go to a place that isent mine i dont treat it like crap i make sure to check in and let them know who i am and that im here and when im done i pick up my shells and trash and always make sure i know where im shooting.
And some of the people i hunted and fished with are on here and im sure they will tell u i always picked up my trash and made sure i was pointing my gun in the right place so really guys just cause i cant type good doesent mean im not a good kid if you guys took the time to meet me hunt or fish with me you would know that

Did you like reading that post?

I would not have a problem letting you hunt pigeons on my property, if I had any to hunt. I know many good people who do not have good typing skills and would not base other abilities on their typing skills. Not sure about asking random farmers about it, though. I know we have some at our grain elevator but it is difficult to trust someone shooting around there with all the equipment and trucks coming in and out. As well as all the holes that could end up in the grain bins. Not sure how to go about that unless you knew them.
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
(03-29-2010 09:33 PM)Stealthy Wrote:  
(03-29-2010 11:46 AM)Mike Wrote:  I find it very irritating to try to read a post which is poorly written with all sorts of misspelled words. Writing that way shows a lack of caring anything about other people, not to mention the impression that the author is lacking intelligence.

(03-29-2010 05:54 PM)DuckHunter09 Wrote:  All right so ya im a teenager i may not have good typing skills or good spilling skills but i mean if i go to a place that isent mine i dont treat it like crap i make sure to check in and let them know who i am and that im here and when im done i pick up my shells and trash and always make sure i know where im shooting.

Did you like reading that post?

I would not have a problem letting you hunt pigeons on my property, if I had any to hunt. I know many good people who do not have good typing skills and would not base other abilities on their typing skills. Not sure about asking random farmers about it, though. I know we have some at our grain elevator but it is difficult to trust someone shooting around there with all the equipment and trucks coming in and out. As well as all the holes that could end up in the grain bins. Not sure how to go about that unless you knew them.

thanks and ya i dont even trust myself around that stuff im a good shot but i mean you never know what can happen so better safe then sorry and ya if these guys got to know me im a good kid i clean up after myself and im nice and respectful

(DUCK FEVER)
03-30-2010, 06:21 AM
really? really?? maybe i'm missing something here but we've got a kid that wants to get outdoors and hunt, carry a gun, be an outdoorsman, and what do we do...we knock him cuz of some misspelled words and some errant puctuation. there might be some advice in there, but it comes off in a bad way. nothing like turning a kid off from hunting. now i could see if he's formally asking in person that he'd want to be proper or if it was a formal letter to a specific landowner, but its not...its an internet forum with guys he's been around before, chatted on here with before and on the old place...with his friends. i know i talk alot different with my friends than i do at work or with a possible client or with a landowner who's land i want to hunt. how about we encourage the kid a bit, maybe someone volunteer to show him the ropes some. get him out there. then maybe in 20 years everyone won't be complaining that our outdoor heritage is dying.

duck, if i knew a place or had a place you'd be welcome. hope you find somewhere to go. i'll ask around and see if i can't find someone that might have a spot.
03-30-2010, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2010 07:44 AM by Mike.)
(03-30-2010 06:21 AM)dalden Wrote:  really? really?? maybe i'm missing something here but we've got a kid that wants to get outdoors and hunt, carry a gun, be an outdoorsman, and what do we do...we knock him cuz of some misspelled words and some errant puctuation. there might be some advice in there, but it comes off in a bad way. nothing like turning a kid off from hunting. now i could see if he's formally asking in person that he'd want to be proper or if it was a formal letter to a specific landowner, but its not...its an internet forum with guys he's been around before, chatted on here with before and on the old place...with his friends. i know i talk alot different with my friends than i do at work or with a possible client or with a landowner who's land i want to hunt. how about we encourage the kid a bit, maybe someone volunteer to show him the ropes some. get him out there. then maybe in 20 years everyone won't be complaining that our outdoor heritage is dying.

duck, if i knew a place or had a place you'd be welcome. hope you find somewhere to go. i'll ask around and see if i can't find someone that might have a spot.

The point is that he needs to understand why some people might not care to give him what he is asking for. Talking on a forum is different from talking to someone in person. You don't get to hear the inflection on words or see facial expressions, which is why you need to go just a bit further to make sure what you type, conveys what you mean. Yes he is obviously young, but he can learn a valuable lesson from this if he cares to. No one has tried to turn him away from hunting or fishing, just given him some advice that will help. Using proper punctuation (capitalizing the word "I" or using a comma or period for example), taking a little effort to spellcheck, and reading what you have written will go a long way toward getting positive responses. That is the lesson here.

Some things need to be believed in order to be seen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)