New Reflective Fishing Line
07-23-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 06:55 AM by Eric Korman.)
New Reflective Fishing Line
Hey guys been awhile since I've posted. Tyler gave me the ok to put in a little plug for a project I've been working on that I think may be of interest to some of you that haven't already seen this on my Facebook page. Over many years of night fishing catfish and pitching jigs to walleyes after dark on Pool 4, I have always thought that a hi-vis reflective fishing line that would allow me to see my line better would really improve my night fishing. I've also always wanted to start a small side business to finance my fishing addiction. Well after a lot of hard work, I'm proud to announce that I've finally brought a finished version of my idea to life.

Aurora Braid Reflective Fishing line brightly reflects light from a headlamp directly back to the eye of the fisherman. This line absolutely lights up allowing you to see where you are casting, avoid tangles, and see bites you'd otherwise miss. It's not reflective under water though, so you don't need to worry about spooking fish. I'd be grateful if you'd be willing to share my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AuroraBraidRefl...isingLine/ or pass along my website http://www.aurorabraidfishingline.com to anyone you think might benefit from my line.

Right now I've just got a 10 lb hi-vis yellow - reflective silver braided line for sale. Perfect for pitching or trolling walleyes or fishing channel cats. I'm hoping to produce a heavier version for flatheads and sturgeon as my business grows. If you've got any feedback for me as I'm just starting out, I'd appreciate that as well!

Aurora Braid Promo

image 1

Logo Update

Other Hi-Vis Lines don't Compare
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by:  Tyler Holm , Tom , Tight_lines
07-24-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: New Reflective Fishing Line
That's neat. I'll assume that after entering the water and thru natural filtering the light and line do not interact and spook fish? I can see the line really helping people follow it with minimal light.
07-24-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm excited to give it a try. I'd also be interested in a "knot war" and strength test comparison against other brands of same strength. Also, do you have specs on thickness in comparison to say Mono and/or other braided lines. I'm excited for you and this venture. Hope to help with feedback in anyway I can.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Tom - you're correct. Under water the light is diffused and the line is no longer reflective.

Tyler - I'm interested in how you think it compares to the competition. I'll be honest with you, to gain the reflective element to the line, you do alter some of the properties of a 100% super braid. The same thing happens with Fluorocarbon, you gain invisibility under water, but unlike braided line it stretches. My line isn't 100% super braid but instead 75% super braid and 25% reflective filament so it has different properties than pure braid. It's no stretch. But it does have a larger diameter than 100% braid due to the reflective filament. I don't have sophisticated measurement tools at my disposal, but I'd say the diameter is pretty close to mono of the same test strength.

I've tested the knot strength and found the Palomar knot to hooks and the Alberto Knot to flouro leader material to be the best. Both exceeded 10 lb breaking strength in my testing. The reflective filament is more rough than pure super braid, so the knots tie best if you wet the knot down and slow down your knot tying speed a bit.

Although my line's uniqueness is based on it's advantage after dark, it functions just like a normal hi-vis yellow braided line during the day. I used it for topwaters Sunday morning on the Mississippi and it preformed great. Two of my buddies and I had a great time fishing whitebass and a mixed bag of bluegill and smallies off the wing dams which I'll post in a separate report.
07-24-2017, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 08:40 PM by Tom.)
Good luck with this Eric.

I put the link for your product site on IDO. Can't promise it'll stay up there but maybe it'll be there long enough to open some eyes. Or minds. lol
Thanks given by:  Eric Korman
07-25-2017, 09:47 AM
You should take a peek at IDO.....your product is getting noticed.
07-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Tom I checked the post out and the attention is awesome! As you know, getting noticed is biggest part of the deal and you posting my site there has been great! I'm hesitant to chime in because I'm worried IDO will pull the thread as soon as it looks like I'm advertising.

I think you said it right, the only way for people to know if it's for them is to try it. Not any takers on that yet from the IDO crowd.

I'm taking notes though! Clearly I need to find the finances to develop a 80lb version as soon as possible!
07-25-2017, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 12:21 PM by Tom.)
I'd just let the thread run Eric and let people think about it. The way I posted is more info than sales so it'll be ok. Sometimes its better to just sit back and wait. There will always be those who find something to nit-pick about and those discussions are healthy. The word is out and that's what counts right now.

I think its a dynamic idea even if I don't use braid to any great degree. Judging from a few of the responses I've read over there I am assuming you've hit on an idea that persons who fish in the dark have thought about.

I didn't really pay much attention to whether you have a contact area on your website or not but I'd definitely add one so people with more direct questions can run thoughts by you.

Also, if you have a way to post the conversation between yourself and Tyler somewhere on your web page as a testimonial of sorts, it would go a long way. Omit your reply to me in you conversation with Tyler, but those two posts are great and work very well together. Tyler is well respected in the industry especially in the catfish sturgeon and big walleye departments where this line will shine [pun intended] and his immediate interest will be very well regarded and received.

By the way....good work with this!
Thanks given by:  Eric Korman , Tyler Holm
08-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Love seeing entrepreneurs with new products. Get this thing on shark tank! If a couple hillbillies can make bobbers out of shotgun shells, sky is the limit. I can definately see a market for your product....good luck to you.

Can I drill a hole yet?
10-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Curious on the effectivity of this reflective line.
10-05-2017, 02:30 PM
We now carry this line at Breakwall Outfitters in Lake City

The two best times to fish are when it's Rainin' and when it Ain't!!
Thanks given by:  Rugbyguy , Eric Korman
10-06-2017, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 08:22 PM by Eric Korman.)
(10-03-2017 10:19 PM)Gummer23 Wrote:  Curious on the effectivity of this reflective line.

Gummer23,

If you want to see it in person stop into Breakwall Outfitters in Lake City. I am happy to answer any questions you have about it, otherwise I also have pictures and videos of its capabilities on my website. I guarantee it is unlike anything you've used at night and makes a great all around fishing line during the daylight.

http://www.aurorabraidfishingline.com
10-06-2017, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 10:28 PM by Eric Korman.)
Here's another photo I'll be sharing on my Facebook page and website in the coming days

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-08-2017, 11:43 PM
That is very interesting Eric. Hope to visit you soon.
10-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Question for you guys, has anyone went to Breakwall Outfitters yet to check Aurora Braid out in person?
10-11-2017, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 08:34 PM by Pete.)
This is a GREAT idea. I will be in Lake City next week and be stopping by Breakwall to check it out.

I hope hope hope you have a patent or application in the pipeline. The idea will surely be copied by one of the big boys.
10-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Just bought a brand new setup that I plan to take to Lake Winnipeg in a week to fish for the legendary Greenbacks. Spooled with none-other-than Aurora Braid #10. Looking forward to the trip and trying out the new line. Not a ton of night fishing up there, but we heavily focus on low light conditions so there will be great opportunity to see this line shine...literally.

"Handing out toothaches, one fish at a time." - Me

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)