looking for imput
08-10-2017, 03:24 PM
looking for imput
Looking at the stream improvement projects I wonder if anything could be done for the smallmouth habitat on the rivers plus starting some help with bringing the population back as it seems to be a fraction of what it was. Looking to see what thoughts are out there on how to improve this resource. Also who do we talk to about stocking a lot of our impoundments with large mouth bass . We could have such a better fishing time with more efforts to manage them even in our small ponds . I know there is some in some of our resevoirs,but if we want to bring people into the area to fish then we have to do a better job of providing better fishing instead of just thinking it will be ok without any help . I have watched what has happened with the rainbow trout stocking after crystal springs shut down and man what a difference. The fish are no longer the nice 15 plus fatties that they used to put out on a constant basis, but now they get brought from farms and never seem to have any size when they are released other than the 10 to 12 inch they are paid for the fins are all beat up from being so confined. We need to make our putand take fishery worth it more people have to speak up for a better program instead of letting the dnr get away with wasting our money on fish people don't want to keep that get wasted. Ever notice how the fish disappear within a week after being put in a stream. What a waste. Just my two cents. Anyway was wondering what others may think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by:  hootch
08-19-2017, 08:47 AM
RE: looking for imput
A great deal of money HAS been wasted particularly on trout habitat structures ....poor decisions were made that is unquestionably true and I can give detailed examples. Some trout habitat work is very good on the other hand, there are strong personality conflicts at play that the general public is totally unaware of and it MUST change or hundreds of thousands of dollars will be squandered in the future also. As for SM habitat the money and project designation would have to be set up ....the only way that happens is to have a lobby or pressure group / organization pushing that agenda forward. Your Rainbow trout assessment is accurate and damn sad.....really a step backwards in supposedly creating a quality experience on the water. People need to speak up

LUCK IS THE RESIDUE OF DESIGN.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)