2018 Spring Fever SEMN trout - fly fishing
03-02-2018, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 09:58 AM by Sjunge.)
2018 Spring Fever SEMN trout - fly fishing
2018 Spring FEVER,
With this weekends forcast, I can't wait to get out and do some fishing. We are going to try our hand in some the streams for some 20 inchers! This time of year until 4-13-18 is catch and release only, so I was thinking of trying the middle branch of the Root River downstream from Fillmore...

Has anyone had any experience there?

Currently, with the dirty water, I think we will swing streamers.
Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2018, 12:03 AM
RE: 2018 Spring Fever SEMN trout - fly fishing
(03-02-2018 10:31 AM)Sjunge Wrote:  2018 Spring FEVER,
With this weekends forcast, I can't wait to get out and do some fishing. We are going to try our hand in some the streams for some 20 inchers! This time of year until 4-13-18 is catch and release only, so I was thinking of trying the middle branch of the Root River downstream from Fillmore...

Has anyone had any experience there?

Currently, with the dirty water, I think we will swing streamers.
Cheers!

not yet but hope you update us for your experienceBlushBig Grin

steve barbarich airbnb
03-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Best map I have found for looking up Trout streams in the area. Its interactive too!

https://2017.troutspotr.com/

Check it out
04-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Hi all,
Another local trout event here in Rochester.

The Local trout unlimited chapter - Hiawatha is having their spring event (fundraiser) this Saturday at Live 125 at 6:30.
It is a film festival showing "fancy" fishing films.
Here's the Link http://hiawathatu.org/
04-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Lots of great memories of past trout opener. Used to fish the Root right around the Preston area. If I wanted assure myself of getting a trout dinner, I would always drift a water worm below a strike indicator (fancy name for a bobber). For eating, I liked the 11-12 inch range, because that was the perfect size for pan frying. Don't care for baked or broiled fish. Anything smaller or larger were immediately released.
There was a period I went through cancer and chemo. Absolutely nothing tasted good or as I remembered. Except trout, they were delicious and I could taste them as I had remembered. Couldn't taste or enjoy much of anything but did those trout ever hit the spot.

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)