Took a little trip.....
06-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Took a little trip.....
My good friend Gary, Ma and I took a trip to Lake Michigan and chartered a boat out of Kenosha on Tuesday the 18th. This morning we left port at 5AM and by ten o:clock we had our limits of some dandy cohos and a couple kings. Nothing huge, but nice 4 to 8 pound chunks of fight. Great little trip, fun fishing and decent travel. I could do this about every other day I think.

[Image: BSq1twH.jpg]

Here's Ma, Gary and the burly guide and great guy Shane.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by:  Michael , Tyler Holm , Eric Korman
06-21-2018, 07:37 AM
RE: Took a little trip.....
Good times! I go in August to Port Washington.

Andy Anderson
06-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Looks like a fun trip Tom! I've gotten to go out a few times from Two Rivers WI. We used to have a family friend that had a camper there all summer and a boat slip. He would call us if he had a free day or two and we would run up on a moments notice. He was retired and getting a little bit arthritic so he would have us rig and run all the lines for him after he showed us how he wanted them run. So it was essentially a guided trip that was more hands on. We usually caught more Kings than Coho's but that may have had to do with time of year more than anything. Also got some steelhead mixed in too.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.
06-21-2018, 08:03 AM
As I understand it the larger fish at this time of year can be sort of hard to find at the location we fished. I fish Superior a lot but never had Michigan until yesterday. This trip was more watching Carole fish like this and watching her reel in a fish that has some moxie to it. And our friend Gary and his wife are moving away from Rochester on Monday so this was also sort of our last fling before then so the trip has several undercurrents to it. It was, however, mission accomplished. Great time..
Thanks given by:  Michael , magicstix , rooz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)