What the hell
07-15-2018, 08:46 PM
What the hell
(ABC 6 News) -- Wabasha County authorities released information on Sunday night stating that a resident found human remains while cleaning out a debris pile along the shores of the Mississippi River.

The Wabasha County Sheriff's Office said they received a call around 5:00 pm Saturday afternoon about human remains found on the Mississippi River in West Newton (south of Lock and Dam #4).

When a deputy arrived at the scene, the deputy was informed that a local resident was cleaning out a debris pile 20 feet from shore. In the debris pile, a shoe was located and a human leg (femur down to the foot) was attached. No other signs of human remains were located.

On Sunday, deputies searched the area again and no other items of interest were found.

An investigation is underway at this time and authorities said that information will follow pending a report from the Medical Examiner's Office.

(Copyright 2018 KAAL-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.)

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2018, 06:42 AM
RE: What the hell
Could maybe belong to the missing sailboater from Pepin.
07-16-2018, 06:56 AM
I was trying to think and couldn't remember any missing persons report from that immediate area. I suppose a body could have made it all that way from Pepin but would have thought the dam in Alma would have caught it before.
When it comes to the Mississippi, nothing surprises me.
Wonder how long it had been there and where is the rest of the body?

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
07-16-2018, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 07:41 AM by Tom.)
That sailboater has been gone long enough for parts to be falling off and given the high water when he went missing its easily conceivable to be a chunk of him. No other reports have been given this summer of missing people IN the river, but then between Minnesota and Wisconsin nothing really amazes me much anymore.
07-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Quite disturbing!

Bear down!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)