One in the same story
08-19-2018, 05:28 AM
One in the same story
Back in July they discovered a human leg in a brush pile at West Newton.
I suppose this new discovery is related.

WABASHA, Minn. (KMSP) - The Wabasha County Sheriff hopes human remains found in the Mississippi River Saturday belong to a boater who went missing in April.

The Wabasha County Sheriff’s Office responded to a caller who reported the visible remains around 4:30 p.m. The Sheriff's Office located the remains about 100 feet
from the shore in Wabasha, Minnesota on a patch of dry land.

The remains consisted of a torso with one leg attached to it with a boot.

Sheriff Rodney Bartsh confirmed the remains were found Saturday and he said he hopes they belong to a boater who went missing on the Mississippi River in April named David Sheridan.

The remains will now go to the Medical Examiner’s office. There, officials will look to officially identify the remains and see if they belong to Sheridan.

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2018, 04:45 PM
RE: One in the same story
Authorities have determined that yes, it is one in the same individual. What is so interesting is that the parts were able to travel so far plus having to navigate the damn in Elba. What other secrets does the old Miss hold? How many bodies wearing cement shoes rest below the many bridges?

The hardest thing in life is knowing which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
08-20-2018, 07:39 PM
(08-20-2018 04:45 PM)Ron Wrote:  Authorities have determined that yes, it is one in the same individual. What is so interesting is that the parts were able to travel so far plus having to navigate the damn in Elba. What other secrets does the old Miss hold? How many bodies wearing cement shoes rest below the many bridges?

Alma, Ronald....not Elba. lol Where's your mind at bud?

Sounds like there can be some closure now for those near and dear to the guy.
08-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Alma, Elba, at my age, they're all the same to me.

08-22-2018, 01:48 PM
(08-22-2018 11:02 AM)Ron Wrote:  Alma, Elba, at my age, they're all the same to me.

I hear ya....memories in both places.
09-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Hey Ron props on you keeping this Rochesteroutdoors.com alive. Hopefully we get some reports in this fall? I have a bunch of days off to burn up and hope to post anything relevant mostly in pool 4.

Can I drill a hole yet?
09-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Yes here it is, a couple of weeks away from small game and archery deer season opener. Plus fall fishing can be very rewarding.
Hopefully there will be some reports or discussion here.
I'm not sure why participation has dwindled on this site when at a time it was popular.

09-04-2018, 06:43 AM
With all this rain in Wisconsin and the resultant high water the old river is starting to come up in a few areas below Alma. Now with the forecast for the next few days being what it is with lots of rain on already soggy ground to the west of Rochester we just might see the old river do another high water episode to help screw up this fall's fishing. What's the old saying? "When it rains it pours", much like it just got thru doing.
09-05-2018, 01:33 PM
5 1/2 inches in my rain gauge this morning.

09-05-2018, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2018 09:35 PM by Tom.)
Ditto Ron.

The remains found in a couple places along the big river have been identified as those of the missing sailboater so that will close this chapter. RIP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)