Boy, this is wayyyy over-do.
11-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Boy, this is wayyyy over-do.
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisher...index.html

Proposed limit changes on the border water between MN/WI, Hastings to Iowa. I hope this is enacted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
RE: Boy, this is wayyyy over-do.
This sounds good, but will it really help or hurt your average fisherman?
Everything I read was for daily bag limits, not actual possession limits.
So a guy could still go out every day of the year and catch 15 sunnies. This is the behavior that is hurting the fish population.

I maybe get out once or twice a year to fish and used to be able to have a small fish fry for my wife and kids with the 25 fish I caught. If these new limits are passed than that will become a thing of the past.

Yesterday, I knew nothing... Today, I know that!

(05-27-2012 01:32 PM)IxR IcE Man Wrote:  If you have friends or family members and your uncomfortable with them driving either your truck or your boat i think its time to find new people to go fishing with.
11-04-2018, 03:53 PM
(11-04-2018 03:41 PM)Michael Wrote:  This sounds good, but will it really help or hurt your average fisherman?
Everything I read was for daily bag limits, not actual possession limits.
So a guy could still go out every day of the year and catch 15 sunnies. This is the behavior that is hurting the fish population.

I maybe get out once or twice a year to fish and used to be able to have a small fish fry for my wife and kids with the 25 fish I caught. If these new limits are passed than that will become a thing of the past.

In Minnesota your daily limit is your possession limit. You can still have your fish fry by taking the wife/kids along with you.

Basically our current laws are archaic and need to be re-vamped. This will simply get the laws and reasonable catch limits in place with today's better anglers and far better equipment.
11-05-2018, 07:23 PM
(11-04-2018 03:41 PM)Michael Wrote:  I maybe get out once or twice a year to fish and used to be able to have a small fish fry for my wife and kids with the 25 fish I caught. If these new limits are passed than that will become a thing of the past.

I do fish quite a bit and practice strict selective harvest. I am in the "same boat" as you Michael in that I save up fish (within my possession limit of course) and have a fish fry for my two kids and grand kids. The new limits will make this harder to do. I can't say I mind that much but telling my grand kids we can't all have a meal of fish together (short of buying extra from the store) will not be a fun experience. It is something they all look forward to.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)