Anyone getting deer?
11-05-2018, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2018 06:43 AM by Tom.)
Anyone getting deer?
We saw a lot of deer late Saturday.....4pm and later. We took two of them.I have a nice meat doe hanging. Fair sized animal but barren, no signs of feeding fawns, which I think is odd. No complaints on the size though.

I've got another tag yet, the anything goes tag and think I'll venture out later today with the pistol and see what comes along. Horns would be nice but not a huge priority.

The rain is something I could do without but it sure has the woods quiet. On Saturday we thought maybe the light breeze and dry early on would have the critters moving well but such was not the case where I hunt and in fact there was hardly any shooting taking place inside of a mile of us. The animals did move a bit when a 52 acre parcel of corn got cut but that was only 3 hours of chasing them from one end of the corn to the other. As soon as the corn was down the rain started and the deer just went down for the day. At 4 the zoo started and I got out of the tree and took a ground stand that is usually pretty fun just before dark and it didn't let me down. Within ten minutes of getting situated I had 9 deer within 20yards of me either in the cut corn or in the woods leading to the corn. Lots of small deer, the one decent one I took and two basket racks.

Rain again this afternoon is forecast to be light so I think I'll wait till about 11 and wander out into the woods to see what is taking place.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2018, 08:41 PM
RE: Anyone getting deer?
I tagged out tonight. Bring on the stuffer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)